Bad experience at 'Naughty By Nature' studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

de_stan

Apr 21, 2004
This is a true account from a friend of mine who was 'invited' to the above mentioned studio just yesterday on 5/7/06.
I personally felt extremely disappointed that there are still operators using such forceful means to clinch sales.

"I got a call from Naughty by Nature, a makeover company that I won a consolation prize worth S$550. The prize includes free eyebrow trimming, a facial and a makeover whereby you get to bring home two shots of yourself in a CDR. I was informed that I have to bring my parents because I was under 25! Do they think that 23 year olds do not have spending power? Does simply an answer `it’s just our policy’ enough?

I was told the whole process will only take an hour and a half at most. But I ended up spending more than three hours there because half the time the consultants ( more than THREE!) were trying to get me to sign a package with them. I felt helpess and trapped. No wonder they reminded me that I was not allowed to bring any friends with me for the shoot. I found out that I didn’t win any consolation prize, they contacted me because I took part in their lucky draw one whole year back and all the participants were told they won a consolation prize. On top of that, there were no eyebrow trimming or facial or whatsoever. All were lies and it was a bad experience.

One of the consultants even said to me, `there are two types of people who stepped in here. One, they really don’t like our products. Second, they simply can’t afford it. I don’t know which you belong to.’ And this was the guy who wanted me to try on a sleazy red LEATHER dress and later told me sarcastically `I see, so you are not confident of your body!’ when I didn’t want to try out that dress. Imagine how tired and trapped I felt. So much so that I allowed him to walk off without scolding him back. I didn’t sign up with them because I have done many shoots before (including one by Jimmy Cheong, one of the top photographers in Singapore) and I just wasn’t impress with their makeup, their gowns, the photos and their service. Why should I join then? I truly felt cheated and insulted. I hope no one goes there because it will be a waste of their time."

When has it become a practice for operators to insult the customer when they say no?

maybe this can be raised to CASE?

And hence, the name of their studio...

Newpaper might be interested if they've got nothing to write about.

Honestly there are dozens of similiar cases everywhere that its getting dry. CASE receives so many of such complaints that they don't act unless they're cheating you of money. For hard sell tactics like these, they'll add the company to their black list, but do people bother to refer to these lists?

As zcf pointed out, there have been similiar threads regarding this studio. Problem is the info doesn't spread... and even if it does, all the company needs to do is switch tactics and people will start flocking back. Spas and beauty salons were in the lime light some time back for the same thing, yet people don't seem to know/learn.

I'm not condoning such hard sell tactics, but consumers on their part need to exercise a little common sense.

if you want them to learn, or improve, just email this thread to them...

its going to hurt when they see the bad review on a forum with what, 25,000 members?

bad publicity is the best form of coercive action.

email... info@naughtybynature.com.sg

Nothing comes free...

Just make sure Newpaper covers can liao.

sure will have reaction one.

It's happening everywhere. This "You've win our lucky draw" tactic is being used by most of the hard sell/time share cons. Just don't be too eager when someone tell you that you've won something when you didn't even participate in the lucky draw in the first place.

Just went there last sunday... I was mentally prepared and con them all the way... Good leh... At least I got 2 free photos, free eyebrow trimming (That might caused me $13)... AND a praise from my bf that I was pretty that day (PRICELESS!!!)... HAHAHAHAHA....

icygal82 said:
Just went there last sunday... I was mentally prepared and con them all the way... Good leh... At least I got 2 free photos, free eyebrow trimming (That might caused me $13)... AND a praise from my bf that I was pretty that day (PRICELESS!!!)... HAHAHAHAHA....
Well done and good for you. That's the way to get back at them.

Actually I didn't get back on them... I just don't feel that it's really a prize lor... Already gave me unreal feelings so I just coax them and see how it goes... In the end, I revealed that their only thinking is $$$$... Even the pay they gave me is pathetic... I rather stay in my old job and find a better pay then working 6 days a week... kekeke

Status
Not open for further replies.