Bad Experience at Funan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

corneliustoh

Dec 16, 2008
Changi
Hey CSers. Yeah. Become 14 on the 20th March and had a really bad experience.
Was getting a HP Laptop at a student price of $1299 so happily decided to Funan to purchase it. So, I went to this shop Solutions@HP. Yeah 3rd Floor. Ordered it on Saturday a week ago and got it just on Friday. Yeah. Shld be happy right.

Go home, open, start. Yay. Loading windows vista. den suddenly. *crashes* wow. amazing. tried it again. crashed. so restored it and everything went well until Saturday morning. Crash again. Went to the shop back on Sunday to see. So these salesman just started rebooting even when I already did like a few times? So after that. Everything ok, went back. Use for 45 mins den crash again. Wow. So tuesday my parents went again. They said it was MS OFFICE2007 which caused it. Was like wth?? Went back, ok ok, then crash again! Obviously something is wrong and i was pissed. I wanted a new copy of the laptop. Also, they are OTHER people facing the same PROBLEM. And yeah, the HP guys said it was MOE who funded it. Student Price.

So went back on Wednesday. Manager said "not my problem, is HP" so cannot change. was like omg.. cant just gimme new laptop? So my mum pissed. Called MOE. So guess what? MOE was not even notified of the sale and HP obviously was fooling me! MOE den called HP and i sit at home in front of my old laptop waiting while someone gets screwed. Yeah. Lying to customers, poor service and refusal to change within 7 days of purchasing it. Amazing.

I think im screwed too. Need to use a laptop with a good graphics card for 3d designing competition and a good processor for video editing for CCA. God. Why are some salesman like that. Any of you got such experiences?

Sounds like faulty RAM. Did they have a "free RAM upgrade" promo?

wasnt sure. comp kept crashing despite everything else being ok. i wasnt even playing games. just surfing the net and using abit office 09.

what the shop did is nothing wrong IMO..

it's the same as buying a nokia phone from singtel shop. even if it spoils within days of using, you can't bring it back to singtel to exchange. you'll have to head down to nokia care centre for repairs.

dunno why u so worked up... send it back to HP... 14 year old doesn't mean the whole world owes you... you should look for the specific 'hole' to screw instead of complaining being screwed.

1) that is a shop, imagine every tom dick harry go every 7 days to get a new lappy, they'll be stocking on lappies mountain
2) you expect sales ppl there to be technical proficient? seriously, everytime i go SLS or Funan, i think i can do better sales than them... most of them know nuts, screws i dunno...

if HP dun do a servicing for you, screw HP... simple as that... cos its their service warranty... if you want a 1 to 1 change, also look for HP... explain your situation.

Just tell them, you have a lappy which will crash... if you can repeat that same scenario, then you show it to them... if they insist that its not their fault, then you ask them to read the service warranty. If they push it to software, then ask them to write it down in black & white... then you send it to the software developer.

You have to be clear which is under which warranty... if you have hardware issue, if you have not changed any parts... then its all going to be under HP. If its software say, vista crash. then you have to see which program is crashing it. If you dunno how to troubleshoot... leave it with HP technicians. And ask them for a loan replacement or a new set. make sure you test there.

lol. Ministry of Education. im not screwing anyone. Im just shocked cause they refused to change even when they have the stock and my laptop is spoilt. im 14 doesnt mean anything. just to show im a student to enjoy this offer. and HP claims this to be paid by MOE. while MOE was not even notified. besides others have already falled into that trap i assure you. there were ppl who had the same problems with the same laptop through the same offer. haha. im just saying if u have stock, why cant i just exchange for a new one if mine is faulty?

dunno why u so worked up... send it back to HP... 14 year old doesn't mean the whole world owes you... you should look for the specific 'hole' to screw instead of complaining being screwed.

1) that is a shop, imagine every tom dick harry go every 7 days to get a new lappy, they'll be stocking on lappies mountain
2) you expect sales ppl there to be technical proficient? seriously, everytime i go SLS or Funan, i think i can do better sales than them... most of them know nuts, screws i dunno...

if HP dun do a servicing for you, screw HP... simple as that... cos its their service warranty... if you want a 1 to 1 change, also look for HP... explain your situation.

Just tell them, you have a lappy which will crash... if you can repeat that same scenario, then you show it to them... if they insist that its not their fault, then you ask them to read the service warranty. If they push it to software, then ask them to write it down in black & white... then you send it to the software developer.

You have to be clear which is under which warranty... if you have hardware issue, if you have not changed any parts... then its all going to be under HP. If its software say, vista crash. then you have to see which program is crashing it. If you dunno how to troubleshoot... leave it with HP technicians. And ask them for a loan replacement or a new set. make sure you test there.

me felt that the shop could have request for a 1-to-1 with HP and complete the exchange for their customer to maintain goodwill.

to just push customer to HP is just poor customer service especially so when it is not just a single isolated case.

lol. Ministry of Education. im not screwing anyone. Im just shocked cause they refused to change even when they have the stock and my laptop is spoilt. im 14 doesnt mean anything. just to show im a student to enjoy this offer. and HP claims this to be paid by MOE. while MOE was not even notified. besides others have already falled into that trap i assure you. there were ppl who had the same problems with the same laptop through the same offer. haha. im just saying if u have stock, why cant i just exchange for a new one if mine is faulty?
and what do they do with the spoilt laptop? they're distributors for HP, not HP service centre. understand how the system works before you start flaming the shop.

ya know... u're lucky u're 14, but dun mean u can use words like 'trap', 'lying' etc...

if you're 21... then probably wait for some letters if your luck is down. maybe you might still get it now, your parents might receive it on your behalf.

Its not as easy as it seems like if u got fault, i change 1 no questions asked... will u wanna have a refurbished laptop? no rite? so what happen to your spoilt laptop? and worse... those are not technicians, how they know the cause? so they just happy keep changing, then HP ends up with a load of perfectly fine laptops which users just change for the fun of it? I'm not saying yours is a good one, but you have to consider multiple factors. Just bring it to HP at the service center address on your warranty card.

I dont really understand why consumers in Singapore have such low expectations when it comes to customer service.
A situation like this would not happen in the US or Europe, but it does here. And when its pointed out that the customer service standard is lacking, quite a few have seen fit to defend the shop's practice.
The fact of the matter is that the IT sector is heavily commoditised. Head to Funan or SLS and you'll be able to buy the same thing in about 10 stores. What is going to set shops apart from each other? A low price (which is self defeating) or exceptional service?
A sour experience travels a long way, and with expectations so low, its so easy to have turned this into a customer service win. A missed opportunity for the shop.

Those of you who quietly accept shoddy service or non-existent exchange policies, well, its your call I suppose.

rf

please. i really got poor services by just talking to them. and i know i am not those business kinds who knows alot. i mean like if i were the manager, i would want to do my best to please my customers so they come back and buybuybuy. so just collect those few laptops which had problems. (there are a few FYI) and send them to HP to check wads going on to prevent further incidents. HP is a big big company. so alot ppl work for them, not too much of a job like this i guess. but i also know that such hassle sure got alot of inconvinience blah blah. yeah.

its not like more than even 10% of the laptops they sold got this problem. just this specific model. they tell u want go HP go lor. take u alot time then fix la.

PS is there a problem with 14 yr olds using words which arent even vulgarities? im not blaming anyone. i just want to share my experience, discuss wad shld be done and not becoming crazy youtubers who talk about politics and war.

im just saying if u have stock, why cant i just exchange for a new one if mine is faulty?
Don't get the wrong concept that its the obligation of the shop to do a 1-to-1 exchange for you even if they have ready-stock in their inventory.

Those stocks are meant for retail sales and not as replacements for faulty units. Also, unless the shop that you've been to is stated is a service centre for HP, otherwise you should just send it back to HP service centre.

If they (Solutions@HP) ever, give you a replacement, that will be out of goodwill and nothing more.

please. i really got poor services by just talking to them. and i know i am not those business kinds who knows alot. i mean like if i were the manager, i would want to do my best to please my customers so they come back and buybuybuy. so just collect those few laptops which had problems. (there are a few FYI) and send them to HP to check wads going on to prevent further incidents. HP is a big big company. so alot ppl work for them, not too much of a job like this i guess. but i also know that such hassle sure got alot of inconvinience blah blah. yeah.

its not like more than even 10% of the laptops they sold got this problem. just this specific model. they tell u want go HP go lor. take u alot time then fix la.

PS is there a problem with 14 yr olds using words which arent even vulgarities? im not blaming anyone. i just want to share my experience, discuss wad shld be done and not becoming crazy youtubers who talk about politics and war.

choice of words... sometimes the sweetest of words can be the most hurting of words...

anyway, u wanna make a call to HP and ask them to send a service engineer to your place? not that i work for HP or that shop, but its the simplest solution other than holding on to a spoilt lappy and making yourself angry over in the internet... explain your situation as clear as possible... i'm sure they will address to your issues.

need not. we contacted MOE. (their different case cause HP said the offer was subsidized by MOE, but MOE dunno and are now like piss lor)
the MOE contacted HP. different war which i shall not go into.
HP contacted the shop who den contacted me.
so the salesman (nice guy, wanted to change but manager say "no, not my prob") say ok we will change. so others would probably get new ones den.

besides the shop already asked me to bring down and they checked the laptop themselves. not to HP service centre.
as for the other laptops which are faulty. they can be used again if the problem is fixed by technical staff.

Don't buy a HP laptop lor........I have only used 2 brands all my life.

Apple and DELL.

So far both of brands in their service have been pretty reliable. I have only encounter once each when the laptops of brands crashed. Both was as mentioned by Rashkae which was RAM problems. DELL was a little better in their service as they came to my doorstep to give me a brand new lappy as they promised me if there was any problems at all within the first 7 days, they will exchange it 1 for 1.

For Apple you need to go down to their service centre at Wheelock Place or Ang Mo Kio. It was also a RAM problem but they only exchange brand new RAMs as they knew it was a problem when I use to own a Powerbook G4. Now currently using a MacBook Pro

My wife is currentlhy using a Macbook which also had problems with the battery expanding and it was nearly 3 years old. Had no extended Apple Care but called up to let them know I am having problems with my battery has expanded (read some where if laptop batteries is out of shape, there is a big possibility it might explode when charging). So they check my serial number of my laptop and battery. 2 hours later they called me up and asked me to go down to either Wheelock Place or Ang Mo Kio to exchange a brand new battery.

AFAIK, HP customer support SUCKS big time. I know some people still encounter problems with either DELL or Apple Customer Service but so far I have not had any problems with them.

Good luck on your 1 to 1 exchange. You have to be firm about it, if not you will be on the losing end. If you still can't solve the problem, write or call up HP USA. I know if Apple Singapore screws up big time here, they will get screwed by Apple USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.