bad experience at CP...or did i asked the wrong salesperson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr34mc4st3r

May 2, 2003
Singapore
www.konvergestudio.com
i went to CP yest to get a lowepro bag for my camera. i asked one of the old ladies (because she was the only one nearest to me) there for help on the bag.
i asked is there any warranty for the bag, the lady told me dun have, but can bring back and they can suggest places where the bag can be repaired. only usa got warranty. :dunno:

after some testing and deciding that the bag is sufficient for my needs, i brought out my equote for the bag.
the price with gst was $xx.45. i asked the lady can forego the 45cents? (trying my luck) the lady replied by saying, the price can't be lower, can only be higher (wow, like you need to tell someone that).

expecting some more tricks, i asked can i get a new wrapped lowepro bag (because i brought out the display set for test), the lady asked another male salesperson whether there's any new bag, the guy gestured no, and thus the lady told me only left display set and that new stocks only coming in early june, so why not get this bag (in a non-chalant attitude).

damn jia lat...like as though whether i buy the bag, will not affect cathay photo in any way. last few pleasant encounters with CP salespersons was wiped out by this experience...oh well :rolleyes: :thumbsd:

i presume the lady there was standing around the bag area right? i saw her last week as well and i sorta agree she's not really the expectation of customer service that i expect from CP. oh well. theres always other shops :dunno:

After a bad experience in CP, I never buy from them again. As though only 1 camera shop in SG meh? :sticktong

So in the end did you buy the bag?

I've had my share of positive and negative experiences at CP too. Like koelsch mentioned about our visit there last week. The thing is that I think they are very "family" ran, prolly admire their business model of employment in keeping their staff regardless of age. I have more pleasant experience with the younger employees.

Yesterday I was at MS colour, kena served by someone who has an attitute, its only this guy that's like that, the rest are warm, guess its my luck :p Hope not OT

i kinda got the same kind of treatment during my frist visit. :dunno: quite disappointing

try service at MS :thumbsup: :lovegrin: friendly and there's free drinks too, regardless if you're buying or not!:bsmilie:

sorry I don't see anything bad about this service

you are unhappy that they don't have fresh stock and that the woman didn't cut down 45 cents? even after you got a good price from an e-quote already?

mattlock said:

you are unhappy that they don't have fresh stock and that the woman didn't cut down 45 cents? even after you got a good price from an e-quote already?

i understand his pain. the 45cents part i shall not comment. but i aint gonna buy no display set. i buy a bag i want it new. and I have heard the non chalent attitude before myself. It was pissin! I'd expect that atitude from some roadside stall. but not CP.

to me i dun really bother about those few cents, or sometimes display set... since most of the time they gimme display sets...

but its sometimes they give u the 'u-must-be-not-buying' look when u really wanna buy... or the 'u-look-like-cannot-afford' look...

overall there is a few nice ones there... so give & take, just siam those arrogant ones...

For CP, I think for quite a lot of models they only bring in a few bags, so what you see on the cupboards are all the stock liao. Or at least that's what they say ;p

i guess you need to build certain customer-staff relation to enjoy good service. i get most of my stuff from MS Color. whenever i'm in the vicinity, i'll pop in just to have a chat with the people there. i don't usually buy on impulse. when i'm there, i have no problems getting them to bring out stuff for me to play and test (without any hints of buying).

for me, if the staff know you by name and not face alone, that is a good thing.

Hmm.. I know who you're talking about. She always seems to quote the price higher than some of the other staff and isn't willing to budge. That's why I normally try to siam her unless no choice. hurhur. But I must say the service at MS Color is noticeably better. Was there yesterday picking up a new lens and when the first copy front focused, they gladly let me try another copy without the usual "it must be your camera, etc" type of statements which I've got before at CP...

CP sometimes anyhow quote price or anyhow sell their most expensive filter to non experienced customer, that's what i encounter few years back. The person still working there though. As for that one and only Auntie there. Terrible service.... :nono: That's why i always go MS or TK.

mattlock said:

agree. why bother to get emotional over such people and event. if you treasure service, just leave regardless of whether they cut the 45 cents

Assuming that it was all true (that there was only one piece of the bag you wanted left, and it was the display model, and that you've already been given the discounted price) then where is the problem?

You were trying your luck to get another $0.45 off your bag. You didn't get it. The response that it can only go higher and not any lower may or may not be rude, that depends on intepretation. But you chose to interpret this, as well as her suggestion to accept the display set, in a negative way.

Are you lacking some EQ? Having been told it is the last display piece you could have haggled away a bit more than just $0.45 off the price, and you wouldn't come in here moaning about a 45 cent discount you didn't get.

And don't say that the issue isn't the money but the attitude. The refusal for a discount coloured your judgement thereafter.

Is it worth it?

Talking about TK Foto, I was there a few weeks back. Was ther just after 11am. There was 2 guys behind the glass counter and 1 on his mobile. I asked the guys behind the counter for help, and they just pointed at the guy on his mobile. I stood there for a good 3 to 5 minutes and no one came forward to serve. I did buy the bag in the end but what you think of that for service. Yes, I cld have walked off and headed to Pro but .....

Personally I think CP is a bit expensive. I went there onec to buy a flash they tld me no stock and it cost SG260. So went to store across they had stock and it was SGD10 cheaper.

r32 said:
Assuming that it was all true (that there was only one piece of the bag you wanted left, and it was the display model, and that you've already been given the discounted price) then where is the problem?

You were trying your luck to get another $0.45 off your bag. You didn't get it. The response that it can only go higher and not any lower may or may not be rude, that depends on intepretation. But you chose to interpret this, as well as her suggestion to accept the display set, in a negative way.

Are you lacking some EQ? Having been told it is the last display piece you could have haggled away a bit more than just $0.45 off the price, and you wouldn't come in here moaning about a 45 cent discount you didn't get.

And don't say that the issue isn't the money but the attitude. The refusal for a discount coloured your judgement thereafter.

Is it worth it?

relax dude...the 45 cents part wasn't the part where i judge their attitude :sweat: like i said, i was trying my luck only. its like when u feel u r not valued as a customer that turned me off. (p.s. my EQ is ok thank you very much ;) )

in the end i didn't get the bag...

Status
Not open for further replies.