bad experience at CP...or did i asked the wrong salesperson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that lady, and all the other ladies, and gentlemen in CP.

Never had a problem with the ladies or gentlemen, even though I may be just browsing.

Put yourself in their shoes. What do you think of a customer who tries to ask for a 45 cents discount? ("trying my luck") How would you view such a person? Sure, we want them to be "professional" even though we might not be the modell customers.

Sales people are people with feelings. Sometimes we just might be asking a little too much, especially when our own behaviour may just be less than exemplary.

so far ive not had any problems with CP.. i tend to look for this older guy there whos really friendly and helpful.

i was there today in fact looking at backpacks... and then mentioned i might go and compare against the crumpler.

instead of showing face or anything like that, he thought it was a good idea.

:thumbsup:

however, for the expensive stuff like lenses, i do prefer ms color.

Are to referring to Florence from CP? If you are, perhaps you caught her on a bad day?
I've bought stuff from her, nothing expensive....only filters, and she has been real nice and polite to me. And she even called me back as promised regarding arrival of stocks. That's really professional of her.

Ah_Seng said:
Are to referring to Florence from CP? If you are, perhaps you caught her on a bad day?
I've bought stuff from her, nothing expensive....only filters, and she has been real nice and polite to me. And she even called me back as promised regarding arrival of stocks. That's really professional of her.

I think Florence is the slightly plump lady right?
There are actually a few ladies at the filters/bags section:

One's is slightly skinny and shorter, wears specs (should be the lady that you all are referring to)
One's slightly taller, and wears specs, with some grey hair (that's Sally)
One's slightly plump, shorter, wears specs (that's Florence I think).

I've received great service from Florence and Sally, so no complains. Never really dealt with the other lady, so no comments. :)

SNAG said:

One's is slightly skinny and shorter, wears specs (should be the lady that you all are referring to)

Anyone got photos of them to post here or not? It's hard to differentiate them from your description as all wear specs.

Thanks.

if you hve in mind a model of bag you want, give CP a call an hour before you drop down to check on stock, and get them to reserve one for you. the bag will be in the lowepro wrapper in most cases.

I always deal with Florence, Sally and Kelvin at CP, all are friendly and helpful.

As for the warranty, I've heard of people who brought their bags down when their bags got manufacturing defect, and CP changed it for them FOC.. (as long as you have receipt)

SNAG said:
I think Florence is the slightly plump lady right?

I've received great service from Florence and Sally, so no complains. Never really dealt with the other lady, so no comments. :)

wow good spec of each of them. :thumbsup: :lovegrin:

sharkspin said:
Talking about TK Foto, I was there a few weeks back. Was ther just after 11am. There was 2 guys behind the glass counter and 1 on his mobile. I asked the guys behind the counter for help, and they just pointed at the guy on his mobile. I stood there for a good 3 to 5 minutes and no one came forward to serve. I did buy the bag in the end but what you think of that for service. Yes, I cld have walked off and headed to Pro but .....
I'm not sure about u guys, but if I want something and look/ask around for assistance (when the guy in straight smack in front of me) still don't get served after 30secs of waiting, I walk straight outta the store immediately.

Happened when I was shopping for RAM at Sim Lim Square. Saw this shop was one of the cheapest and walked in (all I wanted was just a piece of RAM, pay and quickly go off). The shop had 3 guys behind the counter, 1 guy was talking to the customer (tell him what to do with his processor and so on), the other 2 guys were sitting idle and yakking away to each other casually.

So I looked at the two guys, smiled apologetically and asked if they had so-and-so a RAM, how much was it (to double confirm the price) and I wanted a piece.

Those 2 guys obviously don't want any business, so I stood there and waited. 10secs later, the other guy was free from his customer and I asked the other chap again, it appeared he doesn't want to have any business, so before he could turn around again to ask me what I wanted, I walked straight out of his store and bought a piece of RAM from other shops which are like $10 more ex.

I'm quite surprised u said u stood there for like 5 or 10mins.

rickygck said:
CP sometimes anyhow quote price or anyhow sell their most expensive filter to non experienced customer, that's what i encounter few years back. The person still working there though. As for that one and only Auntie there. Terrible service.... :nono: That's why i always go MS or TK.
It depends on what kinda filters u're talking about. ;p

My luck ran out on them when I asked if they still stock ND graduated drop-in filters. Apparently they only had LEE filters left (which u guys shld noe, LEE filters dun come cheap).

Status
Not open for further replies.