Bad experience at Chen Fu Ji Suntec restaurant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrx_sti_22b

Apr 14, 2005
Compassvale Lane
Front
2w74j6c.jpg

Back
2yv0v9d.jpg

This is a dining voucher that i got for this restaurant. Front & back of the voucher shown.

I had an unpleasant dining experience at Chen Fu Ji restaurant Suntec. It was a bad experience that i swear i will not go to any of it's restaurants again.

The front of the voucher you find the company chop, authorise signature, s/no, & validity date. It also says your company's name & state SIN$50 gift certificate. It states the local outlets of the company too.

The other side is all chinese words. It states Chen Fu Ji & the chinese word Beijing in chinese. The value is RMB248. There is no other written wordings or company chop here. The address is in Beijing. Would you read this side or take the detailed info seriously? It implies that this side of the voucher is for China use.

When i was going to pay up, I was told by the Waitress that i COULD NOT utilise this voucher at all, becoz i did not show her the voucher prior to ordering. I told her tat wasn't stated on the voucher, then she showed me the other side of the voucher, that it did !?! What is the diff of showing her before ordering anyway? Dun tell me they have different set of menu prices?

I then noticed that terms & conditions on the English (Singapore) side & the Chinese (China) side is NOT the same. This is very WRONG. I cannot accept this. She then further said, besides tat i need to show her that i have this voucher before ordering, it is good only for $75 & above spending! I was shocked!

NOWHERE on the voucher front & back says minimum spending is $75 also.

Look at the front of the voucher (above) again, the term & conditions.

It DOES NOT state MINIMUM SPENDING is $75.

It DOES NOT state 'Please show this voucher before ordering'.

It DOES NOT say 'Term & Condition subject to changes'.

The voucher (or should i say the restaurant) is very bad, very evil.

Their menu prices is no good as well. They are 'unclear'. Why is it after ordering the listed $18 imperial fried rice, the waitress said if want to add crab meat, must add $10, why not clearly states $28 on the menu? Becoz their signature dish is this crab meat fried rice, founded by the Chan sisters, the restaurants founder, widely advertised... to have crab meat in this fried rice still an optional item meh? I dun understand. And she said if it's 2 person sharing, it's $25 (w/o crab meat). Why dun they put that down on the menu to be a bit clearer.

When my friend ordered the Glass Jelly Drink, which is stated $2.50 on the menu, the waitress said, "the price has changed, now $3." She quickly took the menu, scribbled away the $2.50 & scribbled $3 in the menu. What the h*ll? This is horrible. In Singapore it is not suppose to happen. The menu is not clear on the prices at all, bad menu. I only thought this kind of thing happens in other countries.

If you want to talk abt the food... the $28 'Imperial Fried Rice' came quite fast... faster than the time my mum would fry the left over rice with egg & chinese sausage at home... it was warm at least. I am sure the rice is not freshly fried. So she got a separate plate of crab meat & she asked if my friend wanted it all in. The crab meat isn't hot as well. Overall, it was so so food.

This is an unpleasant & shocking dining experience, especially the end part. I swear i'll not step a foot inside any of these Chen Fu Ji restaurants again.

Moral of the story: There is NO free food in this world ....:think:

Remember: for any discount/promotion vouchers, you must inform the staff first before ordering (probably you will get less or cheaper ingredients and sometimes a different "menu") and the most important, there will always be a minimum purchase amount so that the voucher will usually be about 10 to 35% discount to the whole bill.
This is just plain business la .....

It's different from those vouchers that provide you a free meal, or cash value.

btw, the fried rice is nothing special, not worth the $

Remember: for any discount/promotion vouchers, you must inform the staff first before ordering (probably you will get less or cheaper ingredients and sometimes a different "menu") and the most important, there will always be a minimum purchase amount so that the voucher will usually be about 10 to 35% discount to the whole bill.

It should be written clearly on the voucher, the term & conditions. This is deceiving ppl. :thumbsd:

I doubt case will bother with a restaurant complaint...u can try the chinese newspaper hotline. Btw, were u trying to eat just enough for the value of your voucher"

use the power of MEDIA to fight... :thumbsup:

I had a Swensens voucher too, presented to the waiter when paid up then he said must be shown when ordering, but nothing was stated as well, i told them i did not know anyway they still allowed me to use the voucher. :)

I doubt case will bother with a restaurant complaint...u can try the chinese newspaper hotline. Btw, were u trying to eat just enough for the value of your voucher"

Of course i top up watever amount more than $50... This stupid Chen Fu Ji is not cheap. 2 person the bill easily over $60.

I still think that :

Look at the front of the voucher (below) again, the term & conditions.

It DOES NOT state MINIMUM SPENDING is $75.

It DOES NOT state 'Please show this voucher before ordering'.

It DOES NOT say 'Term & Condition subject to changes'.

The voucher (or should i say the restaurant) is very bad, very evil.

Of course i top up watever amount more than $50... This stupid Chen Fu Ji is not cheap. 2 person the bill easily over $60.

:eek:
Woah. $60 Bucks for fried rice. Too bad I prefer fried pepper crab.

Thanks for da headzup Bro. :thumbsup:

Tell them you don't know how to read chinese character lo ;p
Since they are written in chinese, what happen if the user of this voucher is not Chinese huh?

If I were you, I will just talk loudly with the waitress, let all the people know. Give $10+ and walk away. If police come, all go station, bring to court, u sure win. They pay your legal fees and your crab fried rice! hahaha

If I were you, I will just talk loudly with the waitress, let all the people know. Give $10+ and walk away. If police come, all go station, bring to court, u sure win. They pay your legal fees and your crab fried rice! hahaha

I was the only diner there at 8pm Monday. :bsmilie: The place is near Toys R Us at 3rd level Suntec. Actually, i seldom see the place with many diners. My company gave me this voucher, i had not expect this. My company & their company is promotional partners. To hell with them lah.

It only means that their english translation is bad loh!...;)

Its sad that you had a bad experience with the restaurant. Thanks for the advice though I would never go to a restaurant which sells fried rice at $18 per plate...;)

This is not plain business dude.:what:
If thats the way you do business, I feel sad for you.

threadstarter stands a good case for this. Bring it to the media. Such unethical business practices should be shamed upon.

Firstly, why don't you speak to the person in charge first. If that does not work, then go to the media. Media loves all this nonsense, especially when it's a big restaurant name like Chen Fu Ji.

I am working in the media with the food industry. GO FOR IT. Their reputation will tarnish a little but at least you get the kick out of it.

I remember one article on the Sunday Times where Wong Ah Yoke (he is a very reputable for making restaurants look bad but he is still a good food critic) went for the Chinese restaurant at St Regis. He wrote on one sentence on how the taste of the food was "BLAND BLAND BLAND". After that article, the chef from HK resign immediately.

So you definately have a good case to make this restaurant look bad. Normally, the owner of the restaurant does not know about all this small issues.

Believe it a not, the waitress said the in charge is not in. There is only 2 waitress & 2 cooks in the place i saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.