Bad experience at buy/sell

Status
Not open for further replies.

moodyfly

Jun 25, 2008
Last Friday a WTSell thread was posted here http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=563168. I was interested in the lens and PM the seller to arrange for viewing.

After some discussion via PMs and SMSes over 3 days, we agreed to meet up today 6.30pm at dover mrt.

Last night I sms the seller asking him if we can meet up 15mins earlier as I have an appointment later. While waiting for his reply, I surfed and found out that he was selling the same item in the forum http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566285. A few minutes later, he updated the post saying the lens had been reserved. I sms the seller and told him I saw his post in the forum and check if the lens is still available. He did not reply.

This morning i sent him another sms to check if we are still meeting today. I also reminded him that we agreed on sunday to meet up today at 6.30pm. He did not reply.

This afternoon I sms him again. ask him to at least give me a reply if we are still meeting. He did not reply.

I called him up and the call was hung up. In the end I did not go to dover.

A bad experience to share with fellow clubsnapers.

sounds like you got nothing to lose in this case, so what's the big fuss about?
having sour grapes for not getting the deal?

a single case then bad experience, come on man...life is not a bed of roses...

Last edited:
TS, thanks for sharing your bad experience, I don't see TS as kicking a big fuss.

Assusming that boths threads are selling the same item noticed that the 1st post seller mentioned lens just came back from repair by csc then in the 2nd post did not mention this. Warranty status firs post stated 3 months from the date of repair 2nd post stated no more warranty?? does it mean that the warranty mentioned in the fist post has only 1 week left??

a single case cannot be a bad experience :dunno:

must get tock an arm or a leg then can complain?

Better than seller not showing up... just look at the bright side. These things happen.. move onto another seller.

Thats the way it is no matter u r buying or selling in forums. There'll always be bad sellers/buyers and good sellers/buyers.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Agreed, not sure why there needs to be any minimum threshold of pain in order to write feedback on a case.

a single case cannot be a bad experience :dunno:

must get tock an arm or a leg then can complain?

i think there is nothing wrong in feeling disgruntled.

i am irritated when a lot of discussion is done as to meeting place, etc..

then in the end seller tell me to go fly kite. it is no BIG loss, that's for sure, i didn't have to go to the place to meet him.. but all the sms time could have been done doing something else.

it also has something to do with integrity. if a meeting time/place has been decided, then the seller jolly well should have a good reason for not selling to me and selling to someone else!

Status
Not open for further replies.