Bad Episode at Seletar

Status
Not open for further replies.

saymell

Jun 11, 2007
Jalan Kayu
What I'm about to relate here, would be seen as a bad episode by many but probably not for some. I took my bike to Jalan Kayu this morning; been there many times previously. I like that place because of its rural setting with alot of flora.

I took some macro shot of flowers and some interesting subjects.

Purples
flopurpedo4.jpg

Yellows
floyelordv5.jpg

Then, I proceeeded on my bike to find more interesting subjects. On my way, I passed by Seletar Country Club. Outside the club is the Seletar Airport. I found the view of a wire mesh perspective very interesting which is outside the fencing by the roadside. I snapped that.

Fence Perspective
fencerfu4.jpg

Thereafter, I proceeded to the Seletar Country Club; never meandered into there before. Behind me, was a tinted gold coloured BMW car. I gave way to the driver but for some reason, he slowed down and was on his cell phone. I then overtook him, looked at him while passing by him.

I then stopped at a nearby a lake, which had a very beautiful scenery. I set my tripod and camera and then snapped some more shots.

Lakeview
lakerkh0.jpg

Just then, I had a feeling of being watched from behind, down came two policemen towards me. I took my cam and tripod and walked towards them and enquired, "Whats the problem," to which they replied that they had received a complaint that someone was taking photos. I showed them my cam and also showed them how to view the snapped photos. They viewed the photos, recorded my NRIC and asked me some questions and then radioed. After a while, they thanked, apologised and told me that I can leave.

I smiled and said OK and left.

The Investigation Officer (IO) from their division was however, unsatisfied. As, I was too cooperative giving them my cell no. as well, he used that and called me. I responded and he enquired my location. As I was low on fuel I went to nearest bus-stop which is at Lentor Avenue and told them exactly where I was. Back came the 2 policemen, approached me and apologised, they then said that they want to verify my status and asked me to wait. I waited, after 15 mins they told me that I can leave. I left.

While riding again, I received a phone call from the IO, he enquired my whereabouts again and than asked me wait at the Shell station along Yio Chu Kang Road. I reasoned out with him saying that, "You must trust your men on the ground. They saw me, my dressing, my equipment, everyone of my pictures, questioned me and let me off. Why are you so persistent?"

He explained that he still wants to verify for himself. I then responded with an OK and waited. By then, the sky was very dark with rain-laden clouds and I was very worried about my camera & lenses in the bag.

Finally, the IO came, interviewed me, saw my pictures in the camera, thanked me, shooked my hand and left. Just like that! This whole episode which lasted to about an hour left me with a bad feeling. :(

I 'paiseh,' to go to the same place again ...

Wah ok, that's a unpleasant experience. Maybe the guy in the bmw made the call because he thought you were suspicious? But to check on you and keep calling you on the handphone, that's over the edge, imo. :sweat:

Wah ok, that's a unpleasant experience. Maybe the guy in the bmw made the call because he thought you were suspicious? But to check on you and keep calling you on the handphone, that's over the edge, imo. :sweat:

Maybe he hasn't seen anyone doing macro photography before? :bsmilie:

did the police mention why were there "complaint" against you?

tink you wandered too close to the airport. :think::dunno:

that was rather unprofessional. then the IO might as well do street patrol himself? :rolleyes:

If you are talking about Seletar Country Club, if you are there, you had probably stepped into Seletar Camp. Although no one stopped u with a camera, but I think it's rather sensitive over there. Hence, may still stirr up some checks on u if someone is concerned. Dun have bad feeling about it if u really have done nothing wrong, and our police are very reasonable but yet very very careful. Singaporean are trained to be very vigilant nowaday after 9/11. So, dun play play.

After MSK escape episode, alot of MHA officers now becoming more paranoid and over react..you can see it in woodland custome and everywhere

U should just tell the police officers that the BMW driver was using a cellphone while driving.

I wonder if there will come a time where you need a license to buy a camera....

now the home team very scared make mistake what.

make one mistake all the singaporeans keep scolding and scolding....

so the IO damn scared.

It's frightening that such incident does happen in modern Singapore ....
like Mata accidently see ppl carrying microphone in public and calling reinforcements to apprehend them, like Mata claims got ppl knock hard on their mata car and become a big court case ....

it's not just in the story book now :dunno:

It's frightening that such incident does happen in modern Singapore ....
like Mata accidently see ppl carrying microphone in public and calling reinforcements to apprehend them, like Mata claims got ppl knock hard on their mata car and become a big court case ....

it's not just in the story book now :dunno:

I don't think that case of the guy knocking the car is an claim by the police... That Gopal guy was evidently one Singapore hater and he wanted to show that he is above the law now that he has a green card. Unfortunately for him he was wrong in thinking he can be funny in Singapore and there will be an US ambassador demanding his release.....

question here is, why didnt they call you on the spot when they took down your hp no., if it is a sop to confirm the suspect contact no.?:dunno::dunno:

want to wait for another case of letting the suspect slip away because suspect gave police a fake hp no and they were too stupid to confirm it on the spot?:think::think:

poor ns policemen, own officers don't trust them

ya loh, this is a serious operational issue liao.

question here is, why didnt they call you on the spot when they took down your hp no., if it is a sop to confirm the suspect contact no.?:dunno::dunno:

want to wait for another case of letting the suspect slip away because suspect gave police a fake hp no and they were too stupid to confirm it on the spot?:think::think:

give fake phone number, TS had his NRIC taken down liao the men in blue can kok kok on the door anytime arh. will future police on patrol need a DSLR, premium lenses & HD video cam for recording purposes? :sweatsm:

give fake phone number, TS had his NRIC taken down liao the men in blue can kok kok on the door anytime arh. will future police on patrol need a DSLR, premium lenses & HD video cam for recording purposes? :sweatsm:

if thats the case, dont need to call lay.

my point is, if can give fake hp no. address also fake one lar.

anyway, still, good to see the police have taken steps to confirm suspect's id, though, i dont agree on trying to confirm suspect's hp no only after releasing him/her.

inefficient work once again from the home team.
Spending too much time checking on "suspicious" characters.

better than last time, where they only copy my ic. than report to centre via radio com.

feel sorry for TS, the police needs to fine tune the procedures, let give them some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.