Not open for further replies.

HeWolf

Feb 25, 2003
Punggol 21
Visit site
Happened to read this:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=sammyboymod&msg=101408.1

I quote:

"Beware of this photo studio Naughty By Nature (NBYN) located at Circular Road. This photo studio functions like one of those time-share companies.Their tele-marketers will call you telling you to come for free photo shoot.

Yes the photo shoot is free, but after the session, they want you to sign up for a package that cost more than $2k, else you can only select two free photos from the many shots taken. If you don’t sign up for their package, they will delete all your photos taken besides the two you selected right in front of your eyes! Even if you offer to buy additional photos from them, they will refuse and insist you either buy the whole package or choose only two free photos. Imagine spending a few hours of your time with them and having all your photos deleted right before your eyes after you refuse to by their package."

Thats a common marketing tactic. Probably copied from other photo/glamour places, those who take professional looking photos and give you a make-over.
But charging for much less of course, around a few hundred dollars for their package.

I was given free photo /makeover vouchers by certain "well known" company.
Curious, i went there for it to check out the get-up, book for appointment, however they made me wait for such a long time, because it seems everyone was there for the free makeover/ photo.
They charge for the makeup sponge, explaining it is more hygenic to get a new sponge rather than those dirty re-used ones, which the lady showed me. No Choice, already sit there all prep up, have to buy a new sponge. cost me around $15 so much for free photo/makeover. That silly sponge cost less than $1 at the shops.

Then waited for 1 hour for the photographer for the photo-taking, the photographer took a few "glamour" shots of me. Waited for the download, and the sales person to attend to me, who promptly showed me all the photos and explain if I want a better "glamour" photo of myself, they will charge me $$ for DI.

A lady beside me was shown how she could look "thinner" by using the photoshop tool even my kids at kindergarden can use, so psyched, she paid for the DI package. Women! how gullible!

Sales person showed me the other packages, pushing this whole book of glamour shots done by other people, proceed with all the usual sales pitch. Bored, I declined, and she promptly pointed me to the cashier to pay for my expensive rip off sponge, the cashier non-chalantly told me to come back and collect one "free" 4R size glamour shot in one or so month's time.
:eek:

I wonder how these companies can survive. :rolleyes:
I bet they will close down in the long run...no business ethnics at all.

Why go to them? waste time waste money.

Should come to ClubSANP, got tons of photographers Q up want to do TFCD.... no, no, no, now is TFDVD for people.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

catchlights said:

Should come to ClubSANP, got tons of photographers Q up want to do TFCD.... no, no, no, now is TFDVD for people.

Hahahaha... free DI somemore:eek:

well that was 1-2 years ago, that same company still doing well, a lot of aunties and xiao mei mei (little teenagers), and metrosexual males still go to them.

I was tempted to open one little "glamour" shot studio myself, after that, heh heh, give free makeup/photo/ voucher, then sell ripoff sponge, which I can buy for few cents.

i wonder if those photographers there r CSers? :think:

my friend was 'invited' for a free photo taking session,
after a 4 hr session and much bargaining, he left with 2 photos on a cd-rom..
let me share 2 facts of life:
1)nothing is free..
2)and cheap doesn't mean good.

Not just for photography, for so many other things like those phone calls you receive "Congratualations, you have won yourself a ticket to Hong Kong, blah blah blah, but must come down to listen to our (3 hours long) talk.

Singaporeans are easily baited when there are things that are either cheap or free, and people who knows how to milk on that would pull off a hit and run stun like these.

I have friends who been there before, there were told exactly by the tele marketer that if they dun like the photo after the shoot .. they will walk away with only 2 photo they choose and not need to pay a single cent. And some have gone there just to have a feel of how a photohoot is like.

Unless now they do not tell the people about this, then that's unethical.

I'm sure there are many here who'd do a TFCD. And I'd rather be behind the viewfinder den on the modelling end! ;p

taipankid said:
they will walk away with only 2 photo they choose and not need to pay a single cent....
Unless now they do not tell the people about this, then that's unethical.

How about the $15 sponge? :think: Hehe...next time whoever wants to go should bring their own makeup sponge...don't get sponged by those people.

They did say "no need to pay a single cent" what...someone should teach these companies a lesson.

Not that i am a supporter of NbyN or whatever, but friends who have been there, walkaway with the 2 photo without paying a single cents.

Think the $15 sponge is another studio .. hahaha

anyway .. not everyone knows about the TFCD shoot available from CS .. hahah and not everyone has the courage to stand in front of a group of photog in a TFCD

Ah Pao said:
How about the $15 sponge? :think: Hehe...next time whoever wants to go should bring their own makeup sponge...don't get sponged by those people.

They did say "no need to pay a single cent" what...someone should teach these companies a lesson.

catchlights said:

Oi !!! don't spoil market OK !!! I'm still giving CDs only:complain: :complain:

yqt said:
Oi !!! don't spoil market OK !!! I'm still giving CDs only:complain: :complain:
i still handing out 3.5" diskettes :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.