Bad Driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBTM

Nov 23, 2004
BB West
Red light, one car stopped, the other, haven't reach the red light but zoom across it like his father own the road. What if a cyclist ride across the perdestain crossing and got hit?

Think that those red light camera should be install in most of the traffic, esp at those near the MRT stations. Really want to chase that car (as it is approaching another red light ahead in 50m), stop the car and call police! Too bad it was dark, cannot see the number. :angry:

u chase after = u cross red light after him = worse rite...

anyway just today morning my salesman complain to me about a bad attitude of a taxi driver harass him on the road & showing him the birdy, so i told him to go complain to the respective company to lodge a complain against the driver...

nowadays alot of funny drivers... i'm contemplating installing a videocamera on the 4 sides of my car...

The taxi company will protect the driver.

I had a case where I was on the expressway, there was heavy traffic, all the cars stopped.

The taxi in front of me rolled backwards and hit my car. He didn't stop but drove off. I gave chase, finally he stopped.

He came out and said that the car behind me hit my car and my car hit his car and even said he recorded down the license plate (showed me a license plate no. scrawled on his palm). how he had xray vision to see through my car is beyond me.

i asked for his particulars, he went back to his car and drove off.

I wrote in to the taxi company. In the end they said that the driver had no previous record and they won't be taking any action against him.

how's that? :) fortunate thing was I went to IDAC who certified there was no damage.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
u chase after = u cross red light after him = worse rite...

anyway just today morning my salesman complain to me about a bad attitude of a taxi driver harass him on the road & showing him the birdy, so i told him to go complain to the respective company to lodge a complain against the driver...

nowadays alot of funny drivers... i'm contemplating installing a videocamera on the 4 sides of my car...

sometimes i wonder are we all talking about the same taxi driver... cos there seem to be alot of black sheeps among them...

ya... i also know that the taxi company will protect them, cos their customer feedback is useless... same goes to most sg companies' customer feedback... all just put there for sake of making them look professional, when u complain, 99% will give u a reply thats equal to not making another comment... and will never make any sincere apology.

Don't think there is any other way than posting on the Strait Times Forum for a good reply. *Sign~*

I encounter a good taxi driver recently. I didn't take the taxi but i saw this happened.

As the bus which i am on, was trying to come out from the bus stop, I am surprise that the taxi give way by going to the outer lane. But a car didn't and I thought, maybe he is going to make a turn ahead. But he didn't and I am so piss off. This causes the bus to stop at the red light and waste my time.

I think driving = to what kind of ppl you are. If you are polite kind, mostly you will be having good result in driving. While those bad temper kind, I think mostly ended up with fines.

Another kind of drivers. Like to park their car at those loading/unloading even the fine is $100. Not for a while but for a whole day. Really wish those fines could go up to $1000 and frighten them off. Maybe they could afford a car, $100 to them = nothing. Sometime when I exit from those road, got to be careful not to scratch the car. Esp when I cycle, sometime want to bochap n scratch it with the pedal :angry:

vince123123 said:
He came out and said that the car behind me hit my car and my car hit his car and even said he recorded down the license plate (showed me a license plate no. scrawled on his palm). how he had xray vision to see through my car is beyond me.

Standard insurance bovine-excrement..

Any insurance agent will tell you to say the same thing in any events like this..

In a multi-car pile up, each car will say they stopped in time but the car behind hit them and force their car to hit the car in front.
Then the last car will say it's the first car that suddenly cut-in or brake.
Circular claims...
End of the day, everyone resolve to:
Each person's insurance company will pay for damages to his/ her car..

Nah.. earlier while on my way back.. At the junction just right in front my block, the traffic light turns red, with right turn arrow. Just before I made the turn, two headon cyclists just ride straight across my path. If they were cars, they should have stopped, if they were padestrian, they also should have stopped.. What were they? :dunno:

deslim27 said:
Nah.. earlier while on my way back.. At the junction just right in front my block, the traffic light turns red, with right turn arrow. Just before I made the turn, two headon cyclists just ride straight across my path. If they were cars, they should have stopped, if they were padestrian, they also should have stopped.. What were they? :dunno:

I notice a lot of cyclist bo chap the red light. I am a cyclist myself and I obey the rules. That is why I hate those who cycle on the pavement too. Some keep ringing the bell like mad while some, install tail light and that makes me wonder, who can walk faster than him/her???

But when accident happened, you blame me, I blame you. I told myself, better bo chap if saw cyclist n car got into accident. Some time some ppl just don't know how to behave, why should bother about them? :think:

deslim27 said:

i think the traffic police classify them as road users.

Erm I think you didn't read my story carefully:

_____ >> direction of traffic flow

A B C

I am B, taxi is C.

C rolls back to hit B. He drives off.

B forces C to stop. C said that A hit B and B hits C. The funny thing is, if C thinks B is in the wrong, why does C run off??

Firefox said:

Any insurance agent will tell you to say the same thing in any events like this..

In a multi-car pile up, each car will say they stopped in time but the car behind hit them and force their car to hit the car in front.
Then the last car will say it's the first car that suddenly cut-in or brake.
Circular claims...
End of the day, everyone resolve to:
Each person's insurance company will pay for damages to his/ her car..

vince123123 said:

A B C

I am B, taxi is C.

B forces C to stop. C said that A hit B and B hits C. The funny thing is, if C thinks B is in the wrong, why does C run off??

lol.... now i see the real situation. funny remark from the cabbie though

vince123123 said:

A B C

I am B, taxi is C.

I know...

But that's precisely what insurance agents tell car owners to say in police statements..
Always blame the person behind you for nudging your car to hit the car in front...

In this case, it's obviously guilty conscience on part of the taxi driver....

BBTM said:
But when accident happened, you blame me, I blame you. I told myself, better bo chap if saw cyclist n car got into accident. Some time some ppl just don't know how to behave, why should bother about them? :think:

Not that I'm bothered by them.. but they can just do unexpected behaviour on the road that might endanger others as well. Take for instants, the story I wrote earlier, if I had to brake hard to avoid them, car at my rear might hit me.

Some other examples I've seen.

1) Crossing cross junction diagonally..
2) Leisure ride on extreme right lane..
3) Buddy riding.. simply can't keep in a single file.. must ride 2-by-2 to chit-chat.
4) cut across 2 directional road recklessly.

And many many more..

deslim27 said:
Not that I'm bothered by them.. but they can just do unexpected behaviour on the road that might endanger others as well. Take for instants, the story I wrote earlier, if I had to brake hard to avoid them, car at my rear might hit me.

Some other examples I've seen.

1) Crossing cross junction diagonally..
2) Leisure ride on extreme right lane..
3) Buddy riding.. simply can't keep in a single file.. must ride 2-by-2 to chit-chat.
4) cut across 2 directional road recklessly.

And many many more..

i hate this the most... esp those bikes... they stall the whole traffic down... then if you try to overtake, they both increase speed with you...

Firefox said:

hahah took me quite a while to figure hahhaa

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i hate this the most... esp those bikes... they stall the whole traffic down... then if you try to overtake, they both increase speed with you...

U should have come to Kranji road on sat , cyclist here ride 4 x 4 a.k.a one whole $%#$ lane in a dual lane traffic. Well I tried to horn and signal them to overtake , they showed me the birdie , and worst they are the so called 'expats' professional. PUI :sticktong

Erm, well first thing is, if it is my fault, why does he run off? He should be the one stopping to scold me. mind you it was a full five min of me blasting my horn at him before he stopped.

Second, its very easy to contradict such "statements". If there's no damage to my rear, his "allegation" would not hold up.

Besides, how will C ever know that it is B who gets knocked by A? Its a really flimsy story.

Firefox said:
I know...

But that's precisely what insurance agents tell car owners to say in police statements..
Always blame the person behind you for nudging your car to hit the car in front...

In this case, it's obviously guilty conscience on part of the taxi driver....

drive VERY close to them lor :) see how long they can tahan hehehe :)

poohbear said:
U should have come to Kranji road on sat , cyclist here ride 4 x 4 a.k.a one whole $%#$ lane in a dual lane traffic. Well I tried to horn and signal them to overtake , they showed me the birdie , and worst they are the so called 'expats' professional. PUI :sticktong

vince123123 said:
drive VERY close to them lor :) see how long they can tahan hehehe :)

its dangerous u know... i seriously would take a camera & take their photo & show it to LTA... hahaha.. esp with the birdy shot...

Status
Not open for further replies.