Bad Customer Services at ASUS Royal Club of Singapore (Just wanna shout my anger out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hongwen

May 27, 2005
hougang
hongwen05.diaryland.com
I would like to raise an issue here for my ASUS F6S notebook. Which is still under servicing after approximately 2 MONTHS.

I sent in my notebook for service on the 5TH AUGUST 2009 to the ASUS Royal Club of Singapore in order to replace my spoilt motherboard.

I then receive a service chit with Service Form No. : ASUS-SG-9-018887, agreed to pay $300 for the motherboard and was told that it will be ready in 3 WEEKS, and will notify when its ready.

On the 4TH SEPTEMBER 2009, which is about A MONTH after servicing started, I called the service centre to enquire about my notebook as I have not receive any notification after a week of promised date.

The line as usual is always engaged and I even experienced hung ups from the customer service centre which I think is very rude. However, I managed to get through and a guy told me that the motherboard needs time to ship from USA and even more time is required to fix it up.

I went on waiting without any news or updates from the service centre. I tried calling again on the 11TH SEPTEMBER 2009 and demanded an answer for my notebook. Same reason was given but this time round the guy promised that my notebook will be ready for collection mid of last week.

And till now, I have not receive my notebook, nor any calls from the service centre.

Upon servicing my notebook, I need to do a rental of another notebook in order for my work to carry on. And the cost of rental from 3 WEEKS to A MONTH, now nearing TWO MONTHS is a burden on me and it is not fair for me.

To me, the "Royal Club" doesn't seem royal at all, with rude customer servicing and unreliable promises, the "Royal-ness" of the club ought to be questioned. After browsing online, I found that Im not the only one facing problems from the "Royal Club".

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2380989

I felt really disturbed as ASUS being a well-known brand on the market in fact have such a bad support group. It only dampen the image of ASUS for me.

I will not hesitate to post this issue through all means as I have had enough from the "Royal Club", not only for being "con" but also the rudeness I had received.

I hope something can be done for the unpleasant services from the "Royal Club".

Your Sincerely,
Hongwen

Although I received this 2 days ago, nothing has been done after 2 days.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.

I have passed your case to the correlative dept and they will help you deal with it ASAP.
Sincerely sorry for bringing you any trouble and inconvenience!

If you continue to experience issues in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

Vivian

ASUS Customer Service

Angery man, any suggestions what to do next?

Buy a HP. The one for one exchange policy is world best. No repair needed to be done locally as they figured that setting up a service centre in every country is a complete waste of resources.

Or.... go sim lim and have it fix up for a much cheaper price. Or get a used one lor.

ASUS service standard has been going down the drain. The best I have seen till now is Acer(probably they break down too much :p).

Complain to CASE, not to us.

The TS does appear to be venting his frustration in here, but I think by doing so it helps warn people against bad customer services provided by some companies. I see nothing wrong with that. Of course, one can always beg to differ.

:Later,

Buy a Mac and never look back! :p :bsmilie:

They have a track record of failures and poor customer service, including deleting complaint threads from their forums.

That is the reason why I stick with MSI for the past 7 years ;). When I need a repair or exchange or even enquiry, I'll just call Corbell or PM Corbell in HWZ forum and the responses are usually quick. ;)

I have my fair share if HP customer service several years back when my cousin's lappy breaks down for no apparent reasons. However, their lappies are pretty reliable. My HP Compaq lappy which I got through a starhub recontract 2.5 years ago is still fighting strong presently. No a single hardware problem :). Maybe it's just pure luck that I've got a creame lappy of the batch.

I have my fair share if HP customer service several years back when my cousin's lappy breaks down for no apparent reasons. However, their lappies are pretty reliable. My HP Compaq lappy which I got through a starhub recontract 2.5 years ago is still fighting strong presently. No a single hardware problem :). Maybe it's just pure luck that I've got a creame lappy of the batch.

Not so for my Compaq though. I find the online chat support rather painful, they take minutes to reply and they seem to be typing from a standard list of answers, half of which is irrelevant to my problem.

Buy a Mac and never look back! :p :bsmilie:

I have very bad experience with Sapura which manages many of the repair centers. NEVER use them.

What if... the Mac is under Sapura? :bsmilie:

http://www.sapura.com.sg/nyp/purchase.php?type=MacBook&id=1

Last edited:

Suck thumb lorz. just hope its official apple care and not sapura care :confused:

My friends MBP went in for more than a week, no loan set, problem not solved, chassis scratched and was certified fixed. Took lots of screaming and phone calls to get it sent in again.

well acer really did quite a good job...

when my laptop's motherboard died and they delayed in the date they promised to return, they sent it back to me instead of me going down to collect.

and when while they did not do a good job the 1st time round (some minor problems, warrenty stickers not replaced etc), just one call and they had a guy at my place to pick it up and send it back to me again in 3 days

hah, have same experience before on asus laptop!
they eventually use a different ram, and the speed really pull down the speed alot
all i do is take a photograph of the things and went back the reseller shop, asus customer service to kb them, and too to the sales manager of asus!

which then i've change my laptop from asus to acer!

so all i can say not the services bad, their product also something wrong! :bigeyes:

Dell's service is not bad... while you're under warranty.

That said, Macs have the * arguably* best after-sales care... these guys honestly take you from cradle to grave.

Suck thumb lorz. just hope its official apple care and not sapura care :confused:

My friends MBP went in for more than a week, no loan set, problem not solved, chassis scratched and was certified fixed. Took lots of screaming and phone calls to get it sent in again.

Scratched? Did they get the scratch removed in the end?

interesting...

asus used to be good.. when my old laptop broke down and i went there, no problems.. asked me whats wrong and took it in. it was battery failure. 2nd time was dvdrw spoilt. and after the 2yrs warranty, the CPU fan spoilt and though it was after 2yrs warranty, the guy took it in and just changed for me without asking much questions ( maybe my luck cause only 1mnth after expiry?)

my dad's compaq laptop which he got from starhub recontract 3yrs ago is still working strong. not a single problem. no heat issues, no lag, no errors.

SADLY, my lenovo died on me 3 times. 1st time due to corrupted recovery . 2nd time due to a dying hdd and lastly, very recently, unable to do system recovery.

i was too pissed off to call lenovo service centre, having to travel from tampines to bukit timah (1 1/2hr journey just to go there...)and i ended up reinstalling the windows myself. i lost the function to do a system recovery but it beats having to go down there. thank god for extended warranty. btw, if i did went to the service centre, this would be 3 straight months that i went.. July, Aug and Sep. LOLZ

Asus service was VERY good in the early days(2003-2006). The quality of service went down by a lot gradually even when served by the old staff.

Btw they accidentally formatted both my partitions before. So my data storage partition was gone. Lucky had a backup on ext drive. :/

Last edited:
ASUS service standard has been going down the drain. The best I have seen till now is Acer(probably they break down too much :p).

LOL are you sure? Acer? :bsmilie:
No no no..

Status
Not open for further replies.