bad buying experience with a photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pound

just want to share my bad buying experience with a photographer who is a member of this forum. I saw his posting on another Mac centric forum for an ibook . Managed to arrange to meet him at Bukit Gomak. After checking the Ibook which is on battery, we concluded the deal. I asked him is everything inside, he said yes.

When i went home, i discovered that the package is missing the power adaptor (the square white thing to plug into the ibook for AC supply). Thinking it is a mistake by the seller who forgot to pack it in, I attempted to contact him. I tried SMS, calling , leaving Voice Mail, leaving Personal Message in the Mac forum but he did not attempt to make contact to clear up matters.

If is a mistake of packing it in then i can always collect it from hi magain. IF it has been lost then he should let me know in the first place. By avoiding contact shows sign of deceit.

I know his is also here and selling stuff in the Buy / Sell forum. His email address and hp are the same as in the Mac forum. So a warning to all f irst.

I am giving him the benefit of doubt and hope he will contact me soon. :thumbsd: to him!

Calm down a bit lah! You are missing a small thing, which you perhaps can buy somewhere used. The main thing is that the iBook works, isn't it?

Hong Sien

just post his name and email here lor.

hongsien said:
Calm down a bit lah! You are missing a small thing, which you perhaps can buy somewhere used. The main thing is that the iBook works, isn't it?

Hong Sien
eh, that so called small thing cost about S$80 iirc...

Well i reckon it's the onus of the buyer to check as well ain't it. It's not entirely his fault.

hongsien said:

Hong Sien
The iBook/PB adaptor isn't cheap, FYI :)

hongsien said:

Hong Sien
thanks i know what you mean but basically the ibook wont work with a flat battery. as some1 point out, it is not too cheap. $145 for a replacement at Apple Store which i guess i have no choice but to buy one.

pound said:
thanks i know what you mean but basically the ibook wont work with a flat battery. as some1 point out, it is not too cheap. $145 for a replacement at Apple Store which i guess i have no choice but to buy one.
You'll need to pre-order, don't think Apple carries stock of the power adaptor.

Sigh. Another sour buyer. Come on, check, check, check! Don't rely on what others said. Did he said the package comes with the power adopter? What do you mean when you asked "everything is in?"? Sigh.

Deserve you right. :thumbsd:

hope he contact you soon,
well,that's the problem with buying 2nd hand item,especially without checking.:D

eric69 said:
Sigh. Another sour buyer. Come on, check, check, check! Don't rely on what others said. Did he said the package comes with the power adopter? What do you mean when you asked "everything is in?"? Sigh.

Deserve you right. :thumbsd:

i think this is rather mean.. what if it had been you instead.

sad, another one who don't bother to check the items before handing over the cash. :rolleyes:

weg said:
i think this is rather mean.. what if it had been you instead.

Exactly. Even though its the responsibility of the buyer to check things out, mistakes do happen and you do occassionally miss something out. Trading in a forum like ClubSnap should be on mutual trust, i.e. there should be a degree of trust and respect on behalf of the buyer and seller that you're going to get you paid for, caveat emptor or not...

pound said:
just want to share my bad buying experience with a photographer who is a member of this forum. I saw his posting on another Mac centric forum for an ibook . Managed to arrange to meet him at Bukit Gomak. After checking the Ibook which is on battery, we concluded the deal. I asked him is everything inside, he said yes.

When i went home, i discovered that the package is missing the power adaptor (the square white thing to plug into the ibook for AC supply). Thinking it is a mistake by the seller who forgot to pack it in, I attempted to contact him. I tried SMS, calling , leaving Voice Mail, leaving Personal Message in the Mac forum but he did not attempt to make contact to clear up matters.

If is a mistake of packing it in then i can always collect it from hi magain. IF it has been lost then he should let me know in the first place. By avoiding contact shows sign of deceit.

I know his is also here and selling stuff in the Buy / Sell forum. His email address and hp are the same as in the Mac forum. So a warning to all f irst.

I am giving him the benefit of doubt and hope he will contact me soon. :thumbsd: to him!

Speaking about trust, what's you other userid though? You're using a brand new nick to post your gripe.

Even if it were a mistake on either side, it still doesn't explain why calls, sms and voicemails to the seller go unanswered.

I've been careless enough to leave out small accessories in my past sales but they were all honest mistakes and usually rectified with urgency. If a buyer is unfamiliar with the equipment, it's pretty easy to miss out certain items when inspecting the goods.

For a $140 power adapter, it's definitely worth pursuing the case. FYI, the apple stores have them on stock, I was looking for one just last week at Funan.

if you all know this guy who is using the nick <REMOVED BY ROYGOH>, pls tell me to contact the guy who he sold his ibook to.

thank you all for yr time.

perhaps he's out of town right after u bought from him.. dat's y u can't get in touch with him?? dun always jump to conclusion yet... mebbe he really din do it on purpose... :dunno:

just something need to share with you guys too...

just few days ago, I was at other forum searching for an ideal PocketPC, and last minute before leaving office, saw one guy (new nick, first post) selling his "mint condition" XDAII, after a straight voice discussion and deal immediately. After I rush all the way from office and got enough cash from the ATM, met the guy, surprisingly the condition of the XDAII, to me (has been dealing with Forum fellow at least 3 years), that so-called "mint" condition is the worst unit I encounter. He also claims that full package, but it lack of CD (never mind can download), belt-clip (which useless to the leather case provided). It just came with the old age retail box with everthing junk inside. The so-called "mint" condition XDAII unit was dusty and has its original paints peel off/dent at both top corners, (can even see the material of the body). At the lower both corner has heavily used mark and paints started faded away!. All the buttons also looks heavily used mark/faded. Look to the built-in camera at the back.. dusty and also seems like (a thin layer of fog) from the lens.

I told him nicely that I can't accept such condition and have to reject the deal. You know what, that guy suddenly face off and scold me "F**king B****D". And he asked me how much I can offer to buy his PDA, and I told him straight this is not the tactic to pressure his price down, since the condition is so out of my expectation, I can't take it.

What he claims that, it was because of me offer S$10 higher than the previous buyer and now I reject the deal, causes him also lost the previous deal. Well, I offer I can help him to explain why this deal blow off, and he can always stick back to their initial arrangement. But he don't want to let the case off.. and keep his temp high up.

Well, I didn't walk off straight and still staying there to cool him down. What an experience! :dunno:

Sometimes, I guess... not only we want sincere buyer, however, we do need honest seller. :)

hongsien said:

Hong Sien
Hey my friend, unless u drive Beemers and stay landed and have a couple of properties and investments in 10 foreign countries that have been giving u 100% returns, the 'small small thing' isn't cheap.

pound said:
if you all know this guy who is using the nick <REMOVED BY ROYGOH>, pls tell me to contact the guy who he sold his ibook to.

thank you all for yr time.

jeezz.... isnt he a pro photographer who is part of this forum ? :think: ...correct me if I am wrong

I hope u get your adaptor from him eventually.. I mean if he doesnt have one, how did he use it previously ?

Status
Not open for further replies.