Bad Buyer Alert


Status
Not open for further replies.

hisokaka

New Member
Aug 15, 2008
705
2
0
#1
we have our fair shares of bad buyers so today i shall share mine.

Buyer: jeff7id

this guy pm me on saturday 15 August, bidding my lens at his price. I thought that the price is too low so I told him.

on the next day (16 August), he replied, asking my best price so I pm him back the price. After a series of pm sent by him, he finally agreed on my price. That was in the afternoon which I was out the entire day. Finally reached home near midnight and saw his pm, sms him straight away.

sms him again on the next morning (17 August, today), he decided to reduce his price and meet today at his convenience. seeing him as a keen buyer, i decided to oblige. so today during lunch, i took cab to home and back to office just to take the lens. That costs me about $50 for both trips. quite a number of potential buyers bid for the lens at a higher price but i decided to reserve for him.

later at 5plus, I sms him to meet earlier as Im not feeling well, wanted to go home earlier. The best part? He decided to withdraw at last min. At first, he wanted to compensate me. I did not want any compensation but I played along, wanted $100 for the cab fare and reserve fee. Guess what, he said I demanded too much.

Mr jeff7id, I dont need your compensation. Saying me demanding too much is like pot calling kettle black. If you are not sure on whether you want the lens, please dont EVEN bid at all.

everyone, please beware and think thrice when dealing with him.
 

Last edited:

fleaz

New Member
Jul 11, 2008
859
0
0
www.flickr.com
#2
This is nothing new, i have had my fair share of bad experiences with a bunch of ridiculous buyers.
 

Simon_84

New Member
Mar 18, 2004
1,479
0
0
bukit batok
#3
at 1st thought, your gut feeling should be already warning you that this guy is a potential lowballer...sometimes if you don't feel right about a particular buyer then you shouldn't be trying to tie up a deal with him/her.
 

Ninja23XX

New Member
Jan 24, 2009
1,230
0
0
In The Shadows
#4
A fickle minded person is not a person you want to deal with at times. You should have went with the other buyers.


GMAN
 

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
25,541
0
0
www.pbase.com
#6
never, ever give way when selling.

there's something called 得寸进尺..
 

#7
It's common, not only in CS..

I sold something on MOCCA.
My experience is even worse than yours.

A buyer wants to meet, at 3pm at Clementi Mrt on a particular day.
He confirmed with me the night before.

I was there at 2.45pm, waiting for him.
At 3pm, he did not appear so I decided to give him a call. He picked up and say he may be late by 10mins.
I was fine with it.

But I waited for 20mins, he did not appear, I gave him a few calls, he did not pick up.
Next, I received an sms from him saying he don't want the thing I'm selling anymore (without a word of sorry).

Isn't this equally as bad or even worse?
Luckily I stay near Clementi..
 

NitroTech

New Member
Apr 4, 2002
546
0
0
43
In Paradise
Visit site
#8
Not bad man... the TS can predict the future..... check out the dates! :bsmilie: It's only 18th August today..... :angel:
 

hisokaka

New Member
Aug 15, 2008
705
2
0
#9
Not bad man... the TS can predict the future..... check out the dates! :bsmilie: It's only 18th August today..... :angel:
opps, got the dates wrong, amended.
 

hisokaka

New Member
Aug 15, 2008
705
2
0
#11
Why you wanna waste cab fare to take the lens for him?? $50 some more. Wouldn't that cut into your 'profit' margin?? :dunno:
as i mentioned that he is a keen buyer, so decided to do so. alas, lesson learned.
 

Lolrence

New Member
Oct 15, 2006
1,147
0
0
#12
Taking the taxi was your own initiative (as well as agreeing to meet him at his convenience), so you can't shift that blame to him. If he offered to compensate you for that fare, that's already out of good will (even though he was irresponsible about the deal).

He's not a responsible buyer, while you're just feeling sore about everything.

Somehow, I feel that buyers should always have the say at where to meet, since they are the ones who are far less likely to pull out of a deal.
 

NitroTech

New Member
Apr 4, 2002
546
0
0
43
In Paradise
Visit site
#13
When I was active in the "Buy & Sell" section, the meet-ups were always only at my place or my office building. That way you can flush out the fake buyers.

And even if you don't, the only thing lost would be the time wasted taking the lift down and up. ;)
 

HeiPiGu

New Member
Jan 6, 2009
432
0
0
#14
But recently, in another B&S rant, a buyer actually took leave to meet a seller but later kena fly kite.
 

Simon_84

New Member
Mar 18, 2004
1,479
0
0
bukit batok
#15
next time, try "deal at a place of my convenience" instead.

a keen buyer would meet you in a place of your convenience...not the other way round.
 

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2005
1,105
0
0
North
#17
There is always news of bad buyers and bad sellers on this forum. The intention to alert the forum to possibilities of bad selling experience related to the buyer is acknowledged. However, as the moderators often stressed, buy/sell at your own risk.

But the experience that you have related seems to be really some misunderstanding and miscommunication as stated by ed9119.

From what you have posted, I felt that $100 is a bit too much to ask for as compensation when he is not obliged to compensate you at all. Your basis of compensation for the $100 will be? For all it is, the lens in your possession may not even match his requirements and it could be a botched deal even if you all did met up.

Also, you asked to meet earlier because you are sick but as valid that reason could be, he is not obliged to meet you at your timing. However, if he did not even agree to meet at the original agreed timing but pulled out totally, i felt that it was uncalled for and he should have at least met up with you.

To prevent misunderstanding and miscommunication, a buyer or seller should also inform the other party before agreeing to meet up about any extra efforts or cost that one will have to undertake. A buyer or seller should also inform of any change in intention early and not wait til the very last minute when confronted with the reality of making a decision to inform the other party.

But til such a gracious society appears, i guess there's nothing we can do...:dunno:
 

Nov 25, 2005
1,105
0
0
North
#18
It's common, not only in CS..

I sold something on MOCCA.
My experience is even worse than yours.

A buyer wants to meet, at 3pm at Clementi Mrt on a particular day.
He confirmed with me the night before.

I was there at 2.45pm, waiting for him.
At 3pm, he did not appear so I decided to give him a call. He picked up and say he may be late by 10mins.
I was fine with it.

But I waited for 20mins, he did not appear, I gave him a few calls, he did not pick up.
Next, I received an sms from him saying he don't want the thing I'm selling anymore (without a word of sorry).

Isn't this equally as bad or even worse?
Luckily I stay near Clementi..
now this is wat i call really irresponsible.....there's no respect for the seller's time at all. :thumbsd:
 

hisokaka

New Member
Aug 15, 2008
705
2
0
#20
From what you have posted, I felt that $100 is a bit too much to ask for as compensation when he is not obliged to compensate you at all. Your basis of compensation for the $100 will be? For all it is, the lens in your possession may not even match his requirements and it could be a botched deal even if you all did met up.
$50 for the cab fare and $50 for the reserve fee. But I dun need the money cause no point already.

Also, you asked to meet earlier because you are sick but as valid that reason could be, he is not obliged to meet you at your timing. However, if he did not even agree to meet at the original agreed timing but pulled out totally, i felt that it was uncalled for and he should have at least met up with you.
I merely sms him to ask whether its possible to meet at a earlier time. But he replied and said he decided that he dun want the lens. I was wondering what if I did not sms him that, and went ahead to meet up and he MIA with no communication. That's when I decide to inform everyone about dealing with him.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom