Bad ass companies with lame excuses

Status
Not open for further replies.

arampan

Nov 29, 2004
Jurong West
I've been producing videos and providing photography services for some time now.
Along the way, I've had to come across bad ass companies and delays in payment.

These have always come from small to medium sized local companies :bsmilie:

Here are some actual stuff I've experienced... Anybody care to add to the list :bsmilie:

1. Your Cheque is in the mail.
Means: Don't call any more

2. You mean you still never receive your cheque?"
Means: I BS you the last time... next month then really send you.

3. It is our company policy. Client don't pay us, we don't pay you.
Means: We will pay you when we happy.

4. So sorry, we did not receive your invoice.
Means: I receive, just not gonna pay yet. Send another invoice and we see how.

5. So sorry, we lost your invoice.
Means: I receive, just not gonna pay yet. Send another invoice and we see how.

6. Although we used your videos we feel they are unsatisfactory so we have to hold payment.
Means: We don't feel like paying you even though we used your materials and delivered to customer already.

7. You have to abide with our company's payment terms from now on.
Means: See number (3)

8. We no longer have budget for professional photographers. You can continue to shoot our events but it'll be for free and you have to give us copies of the photos.
Means: They discovered Clubsnap :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

9. How come got no discount?
Means: We will pay you less than what was agreed upon.

Re: Bad ass companies with lame excuses

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9. How come got no discount?
Means: We will pay you less than what was agreed upon.

10. Once the money is in,we will pay u. :angry:

10. We got someone who is shooting for us at a very good price.
Means: John Doe from our HR dept just bought a DSLR and will be covering shoots for us... hey! we pay him a salary and expended his job scope...
:bsmilie:

True story.,...;p

arampan said:
3. It is our company policy. Client don't pay us, we don't pay you.
Means: We will pay you when we happy.

This is the exact reason why I'm getting my pay late every month since Sept 2004.

The higher management ones at least 3-4 months. :rolleyes:

Zplus said:
Means: John Doe from our HR dept just bought a DSLR and will be covering shoots for us... hey! we pay him a salary and expended his job scope...

True story.,...;p
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: Oh yeah forgot about this one. I too encountered this before.

espn said:
This is the exact reason why I'm getting my pay late every month since Sept 2004.

The higher management ones at least 3-4 months. :rolleyes:

All the companies I shoot for now change to this policy... No payment until client first pay them... Sickening... Even if client already pays them, they can claim not yet and hold payment... I shot for a company in clarke quay... delayed 6 months...

Zplus said:

True story.,...;p
so thats you? ;p

jbma said:
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: Oh yeah forgot about this one. I too encountered this before.

Hehehe.... the funny thing is... they manage to justify it becoz they saved XX dollars although picture quality went south. John Doe later complained to me after some time that now he as to OT as a part time free photographer on top of his daily work... no OT pay.
Oh well, singapore firms can get quite budget constrained....
Darn the poor economy...
;p

hazmee said:
11. What? You mean we have to pay for it?

You went for those "photographers needed" ads isit :bsmilie:

Drudkh said:
so thats you? ;p

Nah... I am the poor guy who got one less job becoz of John Doe... I've moved on...
;)

In return, John Doe is now OTing for free, everytime they need a handy snap shot...

arampan said:
All the companies I shoot for now change to this policy... No payment until client first pay them... Sickening... Even if client already pays them, they can claim not yet and hold payment... I shot for a company in clarke quay... delayed 6 months...
FYI, the company I talking about... is my MAIN job company :rolleyes:

Zplus said:

True story.,...;p

a collarary of ur point

10a. Shoot for us... if u still want ur job (to an existing employee whose bosses found out he had a cam...)

true story too... in nice, more politically correct terms.

Zplus said:

True story.,...;p

I kenna before ! ! ! ! My Ex company made me use my powerbook to do video editing... I ended up selling off my laptop two months later... No let them use, "not nice", so might as well sell it... they nothing to say...:sticktong

espn said:
FYI, the company I talking about... is my MAIN job company :rolleyes:

Wa lau eh... how to survive like that ? ? ?

These companies chao kuan keep doing this... machiam force people to "sell backside"

Take them to small claims also no point... Kam cheng gone.

arampan said:
8. We no longer have budget for professional photographers. You can continue to shoot our events but it'll be for free and you have to give us copies of the photos.
Means: They discovered Clubsnap :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

It would be a bit unfair to associate Clubsnap for free photography. The professionals who frequent CS are being paid well. Those amateurs in CS who are moonlighting in photography are not complaining either.

The thing about bad or slow-paying companies are they are a waste of time which could be better used elsewhere for better returns. We just have to be firm about who we deal with. Run for your life at the first smell a bad deal.

Sion said:
It would be a bit unfair to associate Clubsnap for free photography. The professionals who frequent CS are being paid well. Those amateurs in CS who are moonlighting in photography are not complaining either.

Ya... true... I guess I am a little bitter over a few bad experiences with two (hopefully rookies) members proudly wearing the clubsnap TeeShirt... Don't know them but remember their faces and know to stay away...

Unprofessional, hao lian, cuts infront of live video recording... and stays there... Horrible... :nono:

Normally I get company to sign/stamp the job confirmation and agreement, if they don't agree with COD payment term, I won't shoot for them.

Another thing is, try to deliver the photos asap, the longer lag time between event and delivery, the harder it is to get $$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.