larger viewfinder
top panel LCD
lesser megapixel

additional info:
1) all my lenses have no AF motor with them
2) I will use this backup body mostly for casual use
3) don't really need higher megapixel as I don't print large or crop often

any comments?

Do you shoot often manually focusing the lens?

Since none of your lenses have built-in AF, go for the D90

Its much convenient for you to have the d90 because of the built in motor.

mmm just curious y will u need a backup camera for casual cant u just use whatever u using currently

buying another DX camera if ur camera is DX does not make sense to me. might as well go smaller or Bigger:bsmilie:

mmm just curious y will u need a backup camera for casual cant u just use whatever u using currently

buying another DX camera if ur camera is DX does not make sense to me. might as well go smaller or Bigger:bsmilie:

it good to have a backup if you are a serious photographer. Provided your wallet can tahan

TS, if you use the camera for casual (i.e. non-critical) use, having a spare body seems superfluous. Of course there's no rule saying you can't carry a spare cam body :)

Between the 2, my choice would be the D90.

I am looking for a backup body, currently narrow down to these two bodies:

D5100, what I like:
articulated LCD
HD video mode
smaller size

D90, what I like:
have built in AF motor
larger viewfinder
top panel LCD
lesser megapixel

additional info:
1) all my lenses have no AF motor with them
2) I will use this backup body mostly for casual use
3) don't really need higher megapixel as I don't print large or crop often

any comments?

TS, if you use the camera for casual (i.e. non-critical) use, having a spare body seems superfluous. Of course there's no rule saying you can't carry a spare cam body :)

Between the 2, my choice would be the D90.

Plus me;)...one more = D90:heart: partly the reasons why I dumped my D5000 recently (...as the other partly is my son now prefer to use at least D90-alike, when I asked...bcos of 'Two-Dials, View-Finder's:thumbsup:=much brighter & bigger to see/look thru and Original-Vertical-Grip' liao ever since he tried my D90+Org-grip, but not the weight of my D700 he said maybe when he turns teenage...arghhhhh...haha...!!!!!!:bsmilie: