Backpack in Thailand


Status
Not open for further replies.

mystaek

New Member
Dec 15, 2004
45
0
0
#1
Hi all,

Will be embarking on my maiden backpack trip to thailand on 21Dec with my mate, as it's the first trip on backpack, we chose a more developed and modern country in our opinion.

Will be there for 15 days and the itinerary would included mainly of bangkok (because we've not been to thailand too), central thailand like kanchanaburi, arruthuya, and the former capital.

We would also be visiting the eastern places like maybe rayong onwards down to ko chang.

Was wondering if there's any good camera shop in bangkok and of the other places that i've mentioned in order to top up on the films.

Comments and suggestions on all the must do/visit in the above mentioned places are very much appreciated and welcome

Thanks!!!

KEnn.
 

kex

Senior Member
Oct 16, 2002
2,078
0
36
beebox
www.beebox.com.sg
#2
there is 2 camera shop in MBK shopping centre Bangkok,one at the ground level Photo file.

Another is located at the 4th or 5th level.

i would avoid southern thailand if i were you :)

Have fun !
 

mystaek

New Member
Dec 15, 2004
45
0
0
#3
Kex,

Why leh??? For the scam or the lack of scenaries?

Pls specify le...you giving me pre-travelling paranoia
 

kahheng

Senior Member
Jan 20, 2002
1,481
1
38
bride.ru
#5
kex said:
there is 2 camera shop in MBK shopping centre Bangkok,one at the ground level Photo file.

Another is located at the 4th or 5th level.

i would avoid southern thailand if i were you :)

Have fun !
Don't worry, he just needs to rent these and he should be fine.
 

mystaek

New Member
Dec 15, 2004
45
0
0
#6
well i believe if you damn suay...you walk out also kenna bang by flying cow or something.

Of cos by going there would put me into a considerably higher chance of fatality then the flying cow :p

but if it's my calling then so be it lah.

Anyway won't be going lah relax....told ya i haven't been to thailand might jus stuck majority of it exploring bangkok first :p


my ex-CSM used to have this crude joke bout bangkok quote in malay accent (he's a muslim) " Ah i tell you ah, people go bangkok you know why anot? Go there to bang their Kok (Cork) then when they come back Singapore they get their wives to straightening it back hahahaha" - citing that, it also explains why he volunteered to be posted to Thailand base for two years.

heh quite lame joke lah...but enjoyable at that point of time because was out-detailing with him in a stupid rover :p
 

mystaek

New Member
Dec 15, 2004
45
0
0
#8
That's just so sad lah lol.

Pity pity.
 

mystaek

New Member
Dec 15, 2004
45
0
0
#10
sian le why no one post suggestion???

lol.
 

mystaek

New Member
Dec 15, 2004
45
0
0
#12
lol thanks alot lah...

my gooogle skill not that good mah.
 

Sep 18, 2004
191
0
0
#14
Go to koh chang! It's beautiful.

www.iamkohchang.com is a good resource to start. I stayed at Ian's place (see the link) and I think it was the best money I'd ever spent in Thailand. From Bangkok you just have to take the bus to Laem Ngop (or Trat).. about 5 hours. Then a ferry to koh chang. Koh chang is one of the nicest islands to be in these days. Not too commercial like Koh Samui or Phuket areas.

Kex was probably talking about the political/military tensions in the south. From your plans you don't sound like you're really going too far south. The fears about southern thailand are understandable but really too exaggerated. Most travellers won't really go to the deep south where all the problems are, like in yala or pattani. Just carry yourself well and be smart. Thailand's generally safe for everyone.

In Bangkok go buy a Nancy Chandler map. it's wonderful to explore bangkok with (also make sure you have a decent street map.. nancy chandler is all about exploring places, not really finding them). You go to ayuthaya for a day or two, just take the train.

Most importantly.. eat a lot!
 

kahheng

Senior Member
Jan 20, 2002
1,481
1
38
bride.ru
#15
skinnylatte said:
Go to koh chang! It's beautiful.
Nice suggestion. I think I will go visit soon.

His run down on Bangkok hotels is pretty good too.
 

Sep 14, 2002
72
0
6
Visit site
#16
I got myself a lonely planet guide (can loan that from the library). It offered quite a bit of useful info.

Another thing for your info, Thais are supremely frenly pple (esp outside Bangkok, Bangkok is ok too), and they will help you along.

And lastly... I love Thailand, for the beaches, the people and the culture...

So... ENJOY!
 

mystaek

New Member
Dec 15, 2004
45
0
0
#17
skinnylatte said:
Go to koh chang! It's beautiful.

www.iamkohchang.com is a good resource to start. I stayed at Ian's place (see the link) and I think it was the best money I'd ever spent in Thailand. From Bangkok you just have to take the bus to Laem Ngop (or Trat).. about 5 hours. Then a ferry to koh chang. Koh chang is one of the nicest islands to be in these days. Not too commercial like Koh Samui or Phuket areas.

Kex was probably talking about the political/military tensions in the south. From your plans you don't sound like you're really going too far south. The fears about southern thailand are understandable but really too exaggerated. Most travellers won't really go to the deep south where all the problems are, like in yala or pattani. Just carry yourself well and be smart. Thailand's generally safe for everyone.

In Bangkok go buy a Nancy Chandler map. it's wonderful to explore bangkok with (also make sure you have a decent street map.. nancy chandler is all about exploring places, not really finding them). You go to ayuthaya for a day or two, just take the train.

Most importantly.. eat a lot!

thanks man,

I will indeed be going to Ko Chang during the hols as I think it's the second interesting island apart from ko phangan and ko phi phi in the south.


hehe **** man only like 17 more days...haha

really getting very excited.
 

kahheng

Senior Member
Jan 20, 2002
1,481
1
38
bride.ru
#18
mystaek said:
thanks man,

I will indeed be going to Ko Chang during the hols as I think it's the second interesting island apart from ko phangan and ko phi phi in the south.


hehe **** man only like 17 more days...haha

really getting very excited.
Have fun man. Thailand is a great place to travel largely because of the people (and the low cost).
 

mystaek

New Member
Dec 15, 2004
45
0
0
#19
kahheng said:
Have fun man. Thailand is a great place to travel largely because of the people (and the low cost).

Lol wah first msg without any hyperlinks sia...is that borac in your avatar?

lol
 

kahheng

Senior Member
Jan 20, 2002
1,481
1
38
bride.ru
#20
mystaek said:
Lol wah first msg without any hyperlinks sia...is that borac in your avatar?

lol
You laugh too much. Very annoying.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom