Backpack for camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

at8851

Jun 10, 2007
NUS
www.fotop.net
I'm planning to go to Laos for a week soon..
and I'm using Canon 350D, with kit lens and 1 more 300mm lens. also have tripod..

I don't have any backpack for the trip at all, so I'll have to buy one..
but I'm thinking if I should buy those for camera.. or just buy normal one and then bring my normal camera bag with me?? (then I'll be carrying 1 backpack, 1 camera bag and 1 tripod bag?)

is those camera backpack very expensive here in SG? where can I get them?

how do u usually carry your camera when u go travelling??

and I only have one 4G and one 1G memory card, will that be enough for 8 days??

sorry I've no experience at all :embrass:

I rather get a seperate smaller camera bag to walk ard instead of lugging one big bag
everyday. The camera bag u can bring up to the cabin and not check in with the rest of your stuffs.

Ryan

the NG bag is quite good. it is huge and quite tough. :)

Get a seperate bag for easy access to the camera.

I am not sure about the dimension of your 300mm lens but the Lowepro Slingshot 200 should be comfortable in size for a lady. You can also insert one of the tripod legs into the strap at the side. Not the best solution but it may save you from carrying yet another bag but your tripod will be exposed to knocks.

The Tamrac Adventure 9 will be another viable option if you wish to carry a laptop and other barang barang with you.

Crumpler backpacks are quite secure and stylish (especially the Keystone) but a PITA when trying to change/take out your camera (and gears)

When traveling, I try to keep my gears to a minimum and store them in the Think Tank Change Up waist pack I have. So far, it is able to store my D80 + 18-200 + 50/1.4 + SB800 and other accessories and still appear rather compact.

If you are not shooting RAW, total of 5G should be sufficient.

In a few tourists hot spots, Laos do provide travellers to burn CDs or DVDs from memory card. I've seen quite a few though.

I 2nd Randius advice. If possible try to get bags with wasit support. Long trekking and walking will tire your shoulder slowly and surely.

if u need to carry the notebook, then u can look for lowepro orion trekker II or tamrac adventure 7 (i really like this one) ..i sold off one and buy back again after tried the adventure 9 which is too huge n heavy for my liking...go try it yourself to feel the weight of those that recommaned...

[I am not sure about the dimension of your 300mm lens but the Lowepro Slingshot 200 should be comfortable in size for a lady. You can also insert one of the tripod legs into the strap at the side. Not the best solution but it may save you from carrying yet another bag but your tripod will be exposed to knocks.]

I would recommend that you read up the reviews of the slingshot 200 in amazon. It was unanimous that the bag was more suited for men than women due to the design of the strap which was intended to be worn diagonally across the chest. Some ladies found it ulgy even ultility wise it was excellent.

the thing that caught my attention most was the 300mm

you bring a tiny 350D and kit lens with a huge 300 prime? F4 or F2.8?

Crumpler has many bags that you can consider.

If it is a backpacking trip, then get a comfortable backpack style camera bag. Lowepro Rover AW is good!

[I am not sure about the dimension of your 300mm lens but the Lowepro Slingshot 200 should be comfortable in size for a lady. You can also insert one of the tripod legs into the strap at the side. Not the best solution but it may save you from carrying yet another bag but your tripod will be exposed to knocks.]

I would recommend that you read up the reviews of the slingshot 200 in amazon. It was unanimous that the bag was more suited for men than women due to the design of the strap which was intended to be worn diagonally across the chest. Some ladies found it ulgy even ultility wise it was excellent.

The suggestion occurred to me as I did see a handful of ladies using the Slingshot 200. But perhaps they don't feel much discomfort or feel that the design is ugly.

The 300mm f4 prime alone will be difficult to fit (diagonally ) into the Slingshot 200, not to even mention the f2.8 :bigeyes:

As for aesthetics for women , :what: . .. ..

i use a normal backpack and put my camera inside a padded camera case and carry the whole case inside the backpack. The camera case (maybe this is not the term for it) i use is the one that is shaped like the camera and it fits my 300D and 28-135 well and if necessary i can take out the camera case and sling it individually. i am sure u will be hard pressed to find one to fit the 300mm.

i use a normal backpack and put my camera inside a padded camera case and carry the whole case inside the backpack. The camera case (maybe this is not the term for it) i use is the one that is shaped like the camera and it fits my 300D and 28-135 well and if necessary i can take out the camera case and sling it individually. i am sure u will be hard pressed to find one to fit the 300mm.

I believe the camera case that husaini is referring to is the top loader type from Lowepro.

Rovew AW II or Primus AW. Similar construction with the bottom half for the camera and top half for barang barang. Comes with rain cover and tripod holder on the front of the bag. Got the Primus myself cos you can access your camera via a flap on the right side so that you don't have to unsling your bag.

Bring along 1 more 2G just in case.
UltraII now cost $40 or less from SLS.
I'm a memory junkie, I usually carry 4 cards in a card storage case.

lowepro orion trekker ii pls
very good for a day sort of thing, i love it - only trouble is that you will find it hard to unload lenses/camera on the spot
but not sure how long your 300mm is

Status
Not open for further replies.