Backlight Kangaroo

Status
Not open for further replies.

yehosaphat

Oct 28, 2005
North
Hi all,

Been some time since I've posted some stuff to critique. Taken this while I was in australia some time back. Backlighted by the evening sun. Please C&C what can be improved from this shot like composition, exposure, etc.

Thanks in advance!

2681904282_fb09ff859b.jpg

interesting shot. quite nice.

I think it tells a story. Add some text to the bottom?

Errrr... I dun really know what story to tell. This was taken in a nature park near katoomba/blue mountains area :)

I like the dreamy effect =)

the backlighted grasses are just an important element in the picture.

the improvement is better exposure for the kangaroo's face (via PS if nec). how did u meter it? spot on the head or evaluative?

another is maybe to go to full B&W as the traces of colour are kinda distracting.

I love wildlife photography, so thats a fantastic shot, love the nice tone and the look on the roos face lol^_^

i love this shot! :thumbsup:

That's really beautiful!

what has happened to the color tones here? is it because of your post processing? :dunno:

i do think that vignetting will help in the photo, the oof parts in the foreground are just bordering on distracting.

what has happened to the color tones here? is it because of your post processing? :dunno:

i do think that vignetting will help in the photo, the oof parts in the foreground are just bordering on distracting.

Thanks for your comments. Only PP done was slight levels adjustment to bring back some midtones and cropping only. Perhaps I can introduce some color adjustments...

besides the tad underexposure of the roo's face, this is stunning. an animal portrait is always very charming to me.
the colors and soft tones just made this brilliant =D

besides the tad underexposure of the roo's face, this is stunning. an animal portrait is always very charming to me.
the colors and soft tones just made this brilliant =D

Thanks! Cant really decide if I wanted a silhouette or a normal shot then :p Any suggestions? ;)

Thanks! Cant really decide if I wanted a silhouette or a normal shot then :p Any suggestions? ;)

omg no silhouette for me.
theres no use sihouetting an animals portrait since there might be emotions we can evoke from the eyes and smirks of the mouth. try adjusting the curves to make the face brighter can?

yup better but the colour is still distracting, jarring in fact as the background is cold (blue) and the foreground grasses is warm (golden)

yup better but the colour is still distracting, jarring in fact as the background is cold (blue) and the foreground grasses is warm (golden)

Erm... point noted. How do you think this can then be improved?

Status
Not open for further replies.