Backlight correction HDR in Sony & HDR mode in Panasonic - Same or Different ???

aloks

Deregistered
Jun 22, 2009
Hi
While searching for a compact camera with HDR and Panorama scene modes, I have come to know that there is Backlight Correction HDR mode in some of Sony Compact models and HDR in Panasonic and other models, is this mode same or different from HDR modes ?? I am confused, any idea ? Please help.

Thanks
Alok

Hi
While searching for a compact camera with HDR and Panorama scene modes, I have come to know that there is Backlight Correction HDR mode in some of Sony Compact models and HDR in Panasonic and other models, is this mode same or different from HDR modes ?? I am confused, any idea ? Please help.

Thanks
Alok

Sony comes with 2 options - DRO and HDR.

DRO is a system that reduced overblown highlights and brightens shadows in 1 shot.

HDR takes multiple images and then stacks them. The benefit of the Sony system is that the HDR looks natural, not the gross "radioactive" look many get when doing it on a PC.

Thank you very much Rashkae for reply, please also let me know about HDR in panasonic compacts .

Thanks again.

Alok

they do almost the same thing. it's just that sony gave a fancy name to help people understand what they can use it for.

Thanks Kei for reply, expecting more replies from Forum experts.

Regards
Alok

Thanks Kei for reply, expecting more replies from Forum experts.

Regards
Alok

You already got it from kei. Want more details? Read the reviews, they explain in more detail with sample pics.

o_O what other information do you want?

how much battery power it consumes?

how it will affect shutter count?

whether you can eat it?

:confused:

You already got it from kei. Want more details? Read the reviews, they explain in more detail with sample pics.

Thanks Rashkae again.
Regards
Alok

o_O what other information do you want?

how much battery power it consumes?

how it will affect shutter count?

whether you can eat it?

:confused:

@ Kie - Thanks for your reply.
I do not want to eat my camera, I keep my camera with utmost care, so question of eating does not arise.

Regards
Alok