Background Material

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kazu

Anyone knows wat material is used for portrait bg?

Where to get it and how much?

How many different kinds are there?

Paper bkgnd. $95. Ruby.

Originally posted by 1bg1
Paper bkgnd. $95. Ruby.

Do you have a sample pic of the Ruby?

Originally posted by 1bg1

Ruby is the shop name. Between Peninsula and Funan.

A good alternative.

Okie Thanks

will check it out

there are some nice backdrops on sale, dunno izzit still have stock??. as for the design, there are alot depends what you wants this is mainly for studio shot and it comes in various sizes e.g. 7"x12", 8"x15" or 10"x20" or maybe muslins like the one in Ruby Photo or paper....its up to you....its best for you to buy a few.....prices ??? it depends on quantity and size i might be able to help in this....interested ???

Originally posted by Fundee
there are some nice backdrops on sale, dunno izzit still have stock??. as for the design, there are alot depends what you wants this is mainly for studio shot and it comes in various sizes e.g. 7"x12", 8"x15" or 10"x20" or maybe muslins like the one in Ruby Photo or paper....its up to you....its best for you to buy a few.....prices ??? it depends on quantity and size i might be able to help in this....interested ???

Is it big enuff to flow to the ground?

am interested. i note that CP has an offer (limited colours) for $176 for 2 rolls of 9ft paper. but i have little knowledge as to the pros and cons of paper vs muslin vs other materials etc. what is best for portraits of people?

Yo Kazu buy some white cloths or canvas, some emulsion or enamel paints and let the hand do the job. ;)

Originally posted by Stevick_Lee
Yo Kazu buy some white cloths or canvas, and paint it urself.;)

Hey stevick any recommendations?

Wats that common copper colored texture call?

thats nice.

Originally posted by Kazu

Is it big enuff to flow to the ground?

where are you going to hang it from???
as stated its
1) 7 feet wide and 12 feet long
2) 8 feet wide and 15 feet long
3) 10 feet wide and 20 feet long

i am 5 feet and 4 inches in height or approximately 1.7 meters

sorry for not converting to metric:p

design = scenic, solid colours or motted...
i'll be ordering in the roll type...wanna join me???

Originally posted by Stevick_Lee

? where u see it from?

most of the protrait shots in studio.

btw Im going to sent my 717 to sony later :(

The price for paper backdrop is $80 per roll(9 feet) not $95 as stated. If u buy 2, they do deliver to yr place.

Muslin type available at $2++.It is good for transportion.unless u have a van, lorry, other wise the 9 feet paper backdrop remains stationary

Ruby charges $170 for 2 rolls, including delivery (and GST). Believe me, if you don't have a pickup truck, you need delivery.

You can either buy stands, or drill a couple of holes in the ceiling and insert ceiling hooks (or even those bamboo clothes poles hangers). Then get bamboo or aluminum poles and hang up the backdrop.

For the "painted background" look, use PS. Take the picture against a white background, cut out the subject. Create a new layer, Filter > Render > Clouds. Use Ctrl-U (Colorize) to choose a nice colour using the Hue slider. Then Filter > Render > Lighting Effects to create backdrop lighting effect.

Then paste your subject over the background.

You get something like this:

bg9.JPG

where are you going to hang it from???
as stated its
1) 7 feet wide and 12 feet long
2) 8 feet wide and 15 feet long
3) 10 feet wide and 20 feet long

i am 5 feet and 4 inches in height or approximately 1.7 meters

sorry for not converting to metric:p

design = scenic, solid colours or motted...
i'll be ordering in the roll type...wanna join me???

How much will they cost?

Im on tight budget for the moment

Originally posted by StreetShooter
Ruby charges $170 for 2 rolls, including delivery (and GST). Believe me, if you don't have a pickup truck, you need delivery.

You can either buy stands, or drill a couple of holes in the ceiling and insert ceiling hooks (or even those bamboo clothes poles hangers). Then get bamboo or aluminum poles and hang up the backdrop.

For the "painted background" look, use PS. Take the picture against a white background, cut out the subject. Create a new layer, Filter > Render > Clouds. Use Ctrl-U (Colorize) to choose a nice colour using the Hue slider. Then Filter > Render > Lighting Effects to create backdrop lighting effect.

Then paste your subject over the background.

You get something like this:

bg9.JPG

Your bg a bit too strong

How big do you need for family shots?

Status
Not open for further replies.