Background decoration materials - where to fin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

btrenkel

May 5, 2007
Singapore
I'm looking for interesting decoration materials that can be used for studio fashion shoots.

Something like you would find in the windows of fashion stores. Threads hanging from the ceiling with aluminium or plastic plates of different sizes, colors, shiny or non-shiny. Just anything that would make a shot more interesting than shooting on a plain paper backdrop.

I've asked people working in stores from Dior to LV. Of course they have no clue where the decoration materials are coming from.

Any ideas - where to buy things like above? See example

Thanks in advance
Berthold

Example shot (don't complain - iphone snap - here to illustrate), now this one is not hanging on threads, but each plate is attached to a pin. But you get the idea.

IMG_0093.JPG

DIY....

materials can get from Spotlight or equivalent... you need to have a good idea though first...

Of course those high-end fashion shop have customised backdrops. Try spotlight (as recommended by zac08) in Plaza Singapore. I think you are looking for sequins or velvet textured materials.

For fabric, can try Jln Sultan Textile Centre or Joo Chiat Complex.

For me, the example is already catching too much attention. Whatever you put in front, the viewer will get distracted. You can get Muslins from Tagotech.

Status
Not open for further replies.