Backdrops

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomT

Deregistered
Apr 8, 2004
Singapura
Helloz Beautiful People,

Does anyone know where I can get cheap paper Backdrops in Singapore? I know spotlight sells the cloth fabrics which can be used, but prefer paper type. Any info is Greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

No beautiful people here knows anything?

Am not sure how much is 'cheap' to you but I only use Savage brand and Cathay Photo @ Peninsula sells them - not sure how much but I doubt it's anywhere above $150 per roll. I got mine from www.mpex.com. Savage is a popular brand for seamless paper backdrops used by many professionals worldwide. If you want to look for alternative and perhaps cheaper, I guess you can try art & craft or paper shops but whether or not they're durable enough is another thing to consider.

Thanks Rendition and Dream Merchant.

Dream Merchant, the first 2 links you provided above are broken, and I know Tago sells backdrops, But they're maslins, Not paper, which are the type I'm looking for. As I mentioned, I'm looking for Paper ones. I did do a search, but no specific answers. That's why I posted a thread to ask. It was only good etiquette to search first.

Appreciate both of you taking the time to reply, Thank You.

As far as I know, really, it's just Cathay Photo and perhaps Ruby Photo, both at Peninsula, that carry 'proper' paper backdrops. Most of my acquaintances buy from Cathay and MPEX.

Thanks again Rendition. Wouldn't buying from mpex incur large expense on shipping? I mean the paper is heavy, why would you buy from abroad?

When I bought it, USD was low so OK la...but main reason was that Cathay didn't have any on stock. MPEX has maaaannnyyy.... I needed 5 different backdrops.

I see. So may I just ask what's the shipping like bulky items like these?

Depends. Every merchant has their own policy like how B&H has minimum shipping cost – even if you order a $10 item, you have to pay the min shipping fee of USD35 or something.

For MPEX, you have to contact them...

My bad.

It should have been mounting systems instead. :embrass:

bought from cathay photo a few years back.. 2 rolls for less than $200 with shipping included..not sure whats the price now..though.. but shipping time subject to their schedule.. standard 9 ft savage paper backdrop..

hope it helps..

before you go and buy any paper backdrop, keep in mind that you need the support system ready, two autopole with bracket, a set expander will cost more than $300.

before you go and buy any paper backdrop, keep in mind that you need the support system ready, two autopole with bracket, a set expander will cost more than $300.

Yeah agree with Catchlights you need the above accessories before purchase.I had mine
custom made years back @$75.00 by a friend.

Thanks Catchlights and Zeisser! I already have the backdrop supports and 2 rolls of fabric backdrop, just that they crumple easily an hard to roll them back properly to prevent crumple. I also have a roll of paper ones which are much much better and they were given to me by a pro photog friend.

Dream Merchant, thanks for your input. Appreciate it!

btw i just can got a equote for $60 for white 4.3feet backdrop
does anyone knows where i can get it cheaper?

TIA

Soey, where your quote from?

rubyyyyy

backdrop usually came in 9ft or 52-53" these 2 sizes
for cheaper alternative u can go to george road at lavender and get canvas as backdrop
u can get it cheaper than $60 and bigger but less than 9ft

Last edited:
Great, I check it out. Can you give me the name of the shop or address, thanks!

my boss also forget the name and shop
she told me is just there .. all the shop selling the same thing

why not u go to george rd and let us know?
look for the cheapest lah and let us know the width and length available and colors as well

also pls get some their name of the shop, address and contact number
kam sia

Status
Not open for further replies.