back to film!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejiing

Oct 14, 2004
EAST
Not sure how many like me... hehehe.. Started photography in Secondary. Using my friend's Nikon FM and father's Yashika. Stopped during Poly, army and my Uni. Then rekindled the fire using a Panasonic 2 meg pixel digital cam when I went to Osaka. Bought a 300D after I returned as the panasonic was very limited. Switched to a 20D last Dec. Now shooting with a analog Bessa R Rangefinder using black and white film.

Back to square one. :bsmilie: And I enjoy every part of it....

leejiing said:
Not sure how many like me... hehehe.. Started photography in Secondary. Using my friend's Nikon FM and father's Yashika. Stopped during Poly, army and my Uni. Then rekindled the fire using a Panasonic 2 meg pixel digital cam when I went to Osaka. Bought a 300D after I returned as the panasonic was very limited. Switched to a 20D last Dec. Now shooting with a analog Bessa R Rangefinder using black and white film.

Back to square one. :bsmilie: And I enjoy every part of it....

i started photography in secondary also, way back in '92.

Once a shutterbug, always a shutterbug.

Count me in. Moved to D70 for a few months, now back to film. Nothing better than handling loading and rewinding film!

brian said:
Count me in. Moved to D70 for a few months, now back to film. Nothing better than handling loading and rewinding film!

Amazes me everytime I rewind and load film into the SLR.

Still very attached to film, even though have a D70.

not to forget the anticipation of getting your negatives to be developed, printed at the lab... hehehe ;)

amirfarhan said:
Amazes me everytime I rewind and load film into the SLR.

Still very attached to film, even though have a D70.

haha. ;) butterflies in the stomach everytime.

keep the spirit going.

when waiting for the film to process out ,... is like waiting the result coming out.. Feel so good ;) ;p

I will continue to shoot film until the day full frame DSLRs becomes dirt cheap and DSLRs can replicate slides 100%
:lovegrin:

You go, bro. We'll wait and see whether DSLR can do IT. :)

I still shoot with a film SLR because a wide lens is cheap. My 24/2.8 is a real 24mm lens, and doesn't look like a 38mm. If I need to get a 20-35 equivalent, I'd have to spend a heck of a lot more for a lens like the EF-S 10-22 which won't even work on a 1 series DSLR. For my shooting needs a DSLR is not cost effective.

That said, I still use a G6 for snapshots and to carry with me on overseas business trips.

CSer Film SLR

1. amirfarhan (F601, F80)

CSer Film SLR

2. icarus (F100)

CSer Film SLR

2. icarus (F100)
3. kim (Nikon FE, Minolta SRT 100x)

icarus said:
CSer Film SLR

2. icarus (F100)

CSer who wish can update this list. Anyone out there has the F6?

CSer Film SLR

2. icarus (F100)
4. bumortic (nikon fm, f3)
5. Halfmoon (Canon EOS 300X)

amirfarhan said:
CSer who wish can update this list. Anyone out there has the F6?

I am saving up for one now

I still think FILM is the BEST..... not the cheapest though..... Never use or own DSLR, but try digital before..... but still, prefer FILM...

Only good thing about digital is the instant results......

I thought RETRO is the IN thing.. so stick with FILMS!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.