Back to Basics - B&W Photography & DarkRoom

Status
Not open for further replies.

etherealystic

May 21, 2004
Hawaii...right I wish!
www.geocities.com
Hey guys,

as u can c on my left, i'm quite new to club snap. so make me feel welcome ok? :bsmilie: ;p

on our last seed meeting, jodie, jayson, blak(louie) & myself were quite enthusiastic abt this whole back to the basics, black n white photography, darkroom etc.

darkroom can be available for rental thru safra (only got to check whether they allow non-safra members to use the darkroom, any1 knows?) or thru pss - photographic society of sg.

i think we can finalise the numbers after we find out more abt the rental. any1 interested? we can assume for now the numbers for each outing is limited maybe to max 8.

the tentative itinery wld be to go out shooting and then come back together to develop our negs and do our prints on a separate outing.

post ur interest, welcome any comments, suggestions, ideas :)

Join the Safra Bukit Merah to use their darkroom facilities (they have a coolscan there for negs and slides) and oso you get veterans there to teach you if there's anything you need to know about BnW processing :thumbsup:

sounds fun. but don't know how ya gonna to do it.
I suppose Safra or PSS will actually require ya to enrol in their Darkroom basics then to allow ya to use their rooms.

or unless ya're thinking of a sharing session, that ya already know the basics & is willing to share?

yeah, I'm keen on a black and white outing anyway.

ya might want to check ard the community centers and other education institutes?

i heard tat u need to go through safra bnw course before u can use their darkroom foc right? i think i heard it somewhere lehz ...

West_ray said:
i heard tat u need to go through safra bnw course before u can use their darkroom foc right? i think i heard it somewhere lehz ...

Correct. You'd need to attend the Monochrome course before you can use the darkroom. That's why I've been trying to attend that course.. but looks like I can't until october.

Not sure about the Gender though... SAFRA members are either NSFs, NSmen and Regulars. However, maybe you can try to join SAFRAPC. Maybe they don't restrict.

yes girls can join safra. and no you don't HAVE to join the monochrome course to use the darkroom, as long as you can prove you have knowledge of how to use the equipment in the darkroom. however one tricky thing is that SAFRA bukit merah is shifting in october or something around there so there are no courses starting till they shift to the new premises (which is somewhere at henderson rd also near queenstown somewhat)

And I think the BW group thing idea is really cool! Would love to join in if possible!

waiting for one.
anyone wants to make it happen ?
when is the better time & date anyway, till we've found a darkroom to do developing and printing outing too ?

hmz.

Status
Not open for further replies.