Back Drops For Malay Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRecorder

Apr 17, 2004
Hi Everybody! I may have a job recording a Malay wedding.But I have a little problem.
The couple wants the recording done in their flat. Which means I need Back Drops (she says 3 sets) which I dont have.
Can somebody/anybody pls help? Am willing to rent - 1 saturday evening and following Sunday late morning.

Hi,

Unless you can get fabric backdrops or 5ft ones, the 9ft backdrops will be a hassle to transport.
You cant fit the 9ft ones into the car. Unless you have a MPV.

Regards.

Yeah, you are right, 9ft can certainly b a hassle. But I wonder how they do it, if the back drops r that long. N not everybody owns MPVs either.
I guess now I hv to hope more wl read my thread n hopefully somebody out there wl b able to help out.

Hi recorder.. I do malay Weddings. Usually what I do is, I brought my Cloth Backdrops. One or two will do. They will have Dias at home.. Or U can Improvise the surrounding of the Home. If they have less than 3 Outfits.. I'll bring 1 Backdrop only. For backdrops I shoot 3/4 or close Up.. Than Full Body Shots at the Dias.

As for sunday.. stritly NO Backdrops.. Cos Most of the time U will spent ur time Outside.. so make full use of the Outdoor scenes near by.. I even use void deck walls as backdrops..

Just My POV.. If Really need help. Can PM me.. :D

TheRecorder said:
Hi Everybody! I may have a job recording a Malay wedding.But I have a little problem.
The couple wants the recording done in their flat. Which means I need Back Drops (she says 3 sets) which I dont have.
Can somebody/anybody pls help? Am willing to rent - 1 saturday evening and following Sunday late morning.

tell me when and where . . . see if i can help ?

Hi kvp11, May I know if u hv rcvd my PM on Wed 28/04/04? I'm very new with this internet thing n I cud hv sent it to somewhere or someone else.
By the way, many thanks for yr advise. They r very useful.

Hi Fundee, The event is on Jan'05 in Yishun but the couple wud like to wrap up this recording part b4/whilst proceeding to others.
As for me, this is the 1st Malay wedding n I dont hv any backdrops. That's why I wud like to confirm availability first b4 taking on the job..
The last time I did something the 1st time was on 1st Mar'04 - a Chinese wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.