Baby's emotion

deveraux

May 6, 2010
Telok Blangah,Singapore
1. In what area is critique to be sought?
Any area which can be better. especially the focal point.

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Perfect emotions.

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken?
It was taken during my trip in japan (Nagoya Castle) temperature around 15-17celcius with canon 1000D kit lens (full auto). An old Japanese guy playing around with his iguana and he show it to this cute baby.

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture?
I think the moment is just perfect but i didn't zoom in more on the baby's face for better view.

Thanks to all CS members in advance ;)
IMG.jpg

Hi there.

Some suggestions...

1. Better to have the top cropped off. The background elements do not contribute to the image

2. Colours, saturation, tones and contrast can all be improved further in post-proceesing.

3. Sharpness on baby's face can also be slightly improved.

Cool.

yea cropping it sounds good...i think you just hit the right spot. thx man ;);)
my photoshop skills not good so i never do anything with it except my siggy :embrass:

hey, no worries. i shoot like thousands and thousands of photos of my two kids and every weekend I do the same...so much so that I know what works and what doesn't. It surely takes lotsa practice...cheers.

Maybe getting down to the baby's eye level would make the photo look better.

@LifeInMacro : cool, no wonder u can get it right to my spot stright, yea i agree with you that it will take alot of practices for this kinda photos.I'm actually into macro now coz the photos that my friends uploaded are making me drooling by shooting spiders.Thx again for the tips ;)

@Dr Inferno : Wish i had a 2nd chance :bsmilie: anyway i'll keep that in mind, Thx ;)

Why not try a tighter crop plus a vignette to accentuate the main subject? I really like the baby's expression... personally, I would try to brighten his/her eyes and teeth for a more striking look.

Thanks for the idea Lekech but i'm not good with Photoshop :embrass: especially choosing an area to pp.I'm still learning it now.:)