baby wipe to clean len

Status
Not open for further replies.
woahh...baby wipes r damp...n u dun wan fungus to grow on ur lens at a fast rate...use proper lens cleaning equipment

The best lens cloth IMHO, is the one produced by 3M. You can get it at Home Fix-It shops. I've tried some lens cloths which could not remove a stain, but the 3M lens cloth just did it effortlessly.

The best lens cloth IMHO, is the one produced by 3M. You can get it at Home Fix-It shops. I've tried some lens cloths which could not remove a stain, but the 3M lens cloth just did it effortlessly.

how does this 3m lens cloth look like? as in stated as just cloth or?

I'm using 3M cloth also... It's a micro fibre cloth.
I guess any micro fibre cloth would do a good job.
However, for proper cleaning of the glass, I used lenspen. I believe many people here also use that.

lenspen for the lens, microfibre for the lens and camera body

I use only dry lense cloth + lenspen...... Baby wipe have some chemical that leaves some type of 'stain' on the lense. Best not to use lah..... ;)

the 3M one looks rough, and it traps dust, so if you have dust particles on them and you swipe it around your lens, good luck...

I agree, used them initially when they were clean, then later on switched them over to the role of cleaning my monitor and exterior of cameras only.

Use good quality cleaning cloth.

some baby wipes have moisturizer so they are not suitable for cleaning optics since they will leave streaks. a better choice would be alcohol swipes that you can find in the pharmacy. keep a packet or two with your cleaning kit for stubborn stains.

like most have said, a lenspen and micro cloth is all you need but add in a blower if you can. get a good quality one.

use a blower to blow the lens first , VERY IMPORTANT...

get a spectacle cleaning cloth, I think the price is about $3 only. Good for removing oil stains...

If you take a photo and it looks like baby sh+t then yes, use a baby wipe :bsmilie:

don't use baby wipes la, crazy

they are not manufactured to clean lenses, only baby's asses

does your lens look like a baby ass?

Hi hi,
Any thoughts of using baby wipe to clean lens ? :)

These wipes usually contain fragrance, a tiny bit of moisturisers, some aloe vera extracts and too much moisture. Your lens won't get any smoother than baby's bottoms! ;)

Use the intended cleaning equipment for your toys!

These wipes usually contain fragrance, a tiny bit of moisturisers, some aloe vera extracts and too much moisture. Your lens won't get any smoother than baby's bottoms! ;)

Use the intended cleaning equipment for your toys!

some wipes feel soapy as welll..

Status
Not open for further replies.