Baby Rachael

That makes you pretty normal....it's true "every parent has the cutest baby in the world." :)

Keep the lovely images coming.

As you wish. Only too glad to oblige. Here's a couple more:

250409_3245.jpg

180709_5572.jpg

Last edited:
The second reason is... well captured woman with babies pictures sell well as stock pictures. :)

haha wat does tis means ? haha
n ur advice is NOTED ^^
thnk ue so much (:)

n ur advice is NOTED ^^

Broadly, commercial photographers make money in 2 ways. The first is, where the client commissions the photographer to produce certain photographs and pay them accordingly. The second is, where a photographer shoots many photos he thinks potential clients will be interested in, and places those photos with a stock photo agency, or posts them on stock photo websites. Then, potential clients who need certain images will either engage the agencies to select some for them, or go to stock photo websites to see if there are any suitable photos they can use. Selecting from stock has the advantages of certainty. If you pay a photographer to do certain shoots, he may not produce something you like, but you still have to pay him. If you select from stock, you don't pay anything if you don't like anything you see.

Sometimes, the stock photo agencies will go through Flickr or similar sites to look for suitable photos for clients. I know a friend who took a nice photo of SMU and put it up on Flickr, and someone offered him $500 for permission to use it in their magazine.

Anyway, I read that woman-baby photos sell well because there are lots of motherhood magazines, advertisements and products that need such images.

Hope that answers your question. :bsmilie:

n ur advice is NOTED ^^

Another thing... I don't think I'm qualified to give advice. I am here to make friends, chat and exchange ideas... So, if you find my ideas useful, then I'm most flattered. I'm also open to ideas from anyone. :)

Did this photoshop project for fun... It's missing a red cape. ;p If anyone has a picture of a red cape I can use, let me know. Else, I may have to stage one this weekend with a fan. ;)

-- Picture Removed because it's missing the red cape. --

Last edited:
Did this photoshop project for fun... It's missing a red cape. ;p If anyone has a picture of a red cape I can use, let me know. Else, I may have to stage one this weekend with a fan. ;)

020509_4007_Flying.jpg

This one's gonna be a real winner when they project it on the screen during her wedding. :bsmilie: Diaper should be red and worn outside no ?? LOL

Last edited:
what lens and body did you use? nice pics

This one's gonna be a real winner when they project it on the screen during her wedding. :bsmilie: Diaper should be red and worn outside no ?? LOL

Thanks for the kind words. :D

As for the red diapers outside... that's Superman's outfit. Supergirl has several different outfits... some with blue skirt, some with red skirt... some so sexy they are not appropriate for babies... but none of them with the underwear outside. :bsmilie:

It's not done yet. It's still work in progress. I have corrected the green colour cast on the arm and I an still thinking about whether to change the diaper colour. My thinking now is... the diaper adds a sense of reality and innocense to the picture... but I may change my mind later on.

It definitely needs a red cape. I still need to photograph the cape this weekend. :)

Last edited:
what lens and body did you use? nice pics

Thanks. :)

I use the Canon 450D with the EF-S 17-55mm IS USM. I chose this setup because it strikes a very good balance between weight/size and function/capability. I could buy the 40D/50D, but I cannot afford the size and weight. I need it light and versatile, so that I can carry it to dinner, etc.. while struggling with a pram and bags full of baby gear.

Plus for one of the pictures above, I used the ST-E2 speedlight transmitter and the 430EX II (off camera), diffused with a Lumiquest Promax. I needed to use the flash because of a strong backlight. Again, I chose the 430EX because it is smaller and lighter than the 580EX.

This setup works for me, especially the 17-55mm lens. It puts a smile on my face every time I snap away. Lovely lens, and worth every penny. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Updated with cape:

020509_4007_Flying.jpg

Last edited:
Just in case anyone's wondering, this is the original picture before photoshop:

020509_4007.jpg

It's not exactly very good because the noisy background and the dress blends, and the picture does not pop.

She’s not only look like a Super Girl, Your work also make her look like a Super Idol of the Baby world! I really like it!:heart:

She’s not only look like a Super Girl, Your work also make her look like a Super Idol of the Baby world! I really like it!:heart:

Thanks Yao. :)

Thought I'd share a very early photo of Rachael... to show how much she's grown:

Rachael1Mth_1087.jpg

050909_6487.jpg

060909_6841.jpg

Last edited:
Ssoooooooooooo cuuuuuutttttttteeeeeeeee!!!!

Thanks jeckyll69!. :D

I think I have nicer Jumparoo shots, but I have not processed them. I may replace those above after I find time to process more of them. :)

The baby so cute :)

Especially pic 10!!

Last edited:
Rachael and her new Hello Kitty lantern.

110909_7081.jpg

Coincidentally, Kitty behaves just like a small softbox. When my wife turned off the lights, I told her I needed to grab my camera. :D

Last edited: