Baby Bonuses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lmodel

Jun 19, 2005
Jurong Island
THE NEW PAPER reported that Germany government is giving approx. S$51k even for the first child.

In Singapore, a pathethic $3k for second child and $6k for third child and PAID OVER A PERIOD OF SIX YEARS. A $50k bonus might at least entice me alittle to have a kid..

Reading the last para, it seems to come with some hidden meaning. Not too sure if our gov understand what it means. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

If you are paying the same amount of txes like the Germans, I'm sure our government will be happy to increase the baby bonus to be on par with what the Germans will be getting. But our government is runned differently, I doubt that will ever happen for us.

since our gahmen likes to compare our country with other country despite all the obvious differences between countries, its time we give $50k for child bearers

If you are paying the same amount of txes like the Germans, I'm sure our government will be happy to increase the baby bonus to be on par with what the Germans will be getting. But our government is runned differently, I doubt that will ever happen for us.

If the government gives me equally benefits as the Germans, naturally I will be willing to pay the taxes. It works both ways like in Iceland, your school fees are fully paid for (until you complete your PHD) and that include books, etc.. plus you get some pocket money IIRC but the price is that you have got to pay back when u started work via higher taxes.

I'm not comparing the equity of life benefits but rather, between country to country on a equal type of bonuses given out. If computing based on pay structure, we should easily be given S$25k. One more thing, why only 2nd child onwards here but first elsewhere?

Nowadays 1st child also got bonus but lesser than 2nd child.

if we ignore taxes in germany & one is to give birth to 20 babies, that person would be a millionaire already :D

maybe not 20 at one go, but perhaps over 20 years..

then ur boss ask u "why u take maternity leave every year?" then u answer "i m a living baby maker!"

Yes. Indeed. We pay our Ministers millions of dollars what.

our gahmen will never go to that extend. the best that they can do is to take in more FT from China. Chinese looking also. Can speak very simple english, can work in the factories. know how to obey orders.

just top up from china and the short term problem is gone. ;p

our gahmen will never go to that extend. the best that they can do is to take in more FT from China. Chinese looking also. Can speak very simple english, can work in the factories. know how to obey orders.

just top up from china and the short term problem is gone. ;p

Well, something like that. I'm thinking more like outsourcing the child-bearing and education and all these hassles to countries like China, then we only import in those with promising talent as citizens (something like what we already do in sports). Like dat can save a lot of money and can pick and choose the "elite" only, haha.

Well, something like that. I'm thinking more like outsourcing the child-bearing and education and all these hassles to countries like China, then we only import in those with promising talent as citizens (something like what we already do in sports). Like dat can save a lot of money and can pick and choose the "elite" only, haha.

wah lao...this is high tech natural selection leh ;p and a pretty cruel one that is..

wah lao...this is high tech natural selection leh ;p and a pretty cruel one that is..

I'm only kidding, of course, but the reality is that it is happening quietly already, albeit currently on a relatively small scale, but who knows about the future ? Our children will have to compete not just with their classmates but with all the other buggers in the whole world. It's not good enough to be top in school or even top in SG anymore, you gotta be top of the world to survive in future.

I'm only kidding, of course, but the reality is that it is happening quietly already, albeit currently on a relatively small scale, but who knows about the future ? Our children will have to compete not just with their classmates but with all the other buggers in the whole world. It's not good enough to be top in school or even top in SG anymore, you gotta be top of the world to survive in future.

very true. those PRC come and work a few years and gahmen hand them a PR on a silver platter. give all sorts of benefits and no need to serve NS. Become PR already, find another better job and compete with Singaporeans. :angry:

how much is the baby bonus now ? is it still 10k ?

i personally think 10k is not enough by looking at the expenses of a baby child nowadays.

:nono:

how much is the baby bonus now ? is it still 10k ?

i personally think 10k is not enough by looking at the expenses of a baby child nowadays.

:nono:

10k is not even enough for maintaining an average baby in his/her first year. The baby bonus will not work.

Since we are importing so many FT and govt is outsourcing alot of services, i am wondering when our all our minister will be FT also? Soon we will even outsource this and country will be run by a CEO :bsmilie:

10k is not even enough for maintaining an average baby in his/her first year. The baby bonus will not work.

Since we are importing so many FT and govt is outsourcing alot of services, i am wondering when our all our minister will be FT also? Soon we will even outsource this and country will be run by a CEO :bsmilie:

isn't our stinkapore already a "stinkapore corporation" ?

Everything is corporatised..

THE NEW PAPER reported that Germany government is giving approx. S$51k even for the first child.

In Singapore, a pathethic $3k for second child and $6k for third child and PAID OVER A PERIOD OF SIX YEARS. A $50k bonus might at least entice me alittle to have a kid..

Reading the last para, it seems to come with some hidden meaning. Not too sure if our gov understand what it means. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Oh... and in Germany, maternity leave is up to 3 years! You retain your job for up to 3 years and you can split that 3 years with your husband.... say first 1.5 yrs mother on maternity and then next 1.5 years father on maternity. ;)

i think european companies are really good workplaces if u got a family.

my fren worked in a french company that has 25 days of annual leave in his first contract. :think:

i feel that govt can issue any policy that helps but remember the final power still lies in your boss.. your employer.

Who determines your salary and work appraisal ? the answer is precisely your employer, a govt policy looks helpful but it is still a choice to be used or not, and who will really dare to took 1 year leave from work just becos u are giving birth soon ? your colleagues from foreign countries who are paid cheaper are working hard from day to night ! not wise to be absent from work.

what i can suggest is to adopt " work from home " via VPNs.. to access emails and calls on a home PC or laptop. In such that, one can rest at home and work at the same time. Sounds a bit stupid.. but that is human life nowadays. :confused:

and.. what if one is already in hospital.. well no worries.. still can access emails ! becos we got wireless internet now mah.. just on your laptop or blackberry... i am sure your worth value of being an all time efficient employee is clearly proven and seen.

i am not joking becos i hear cases of people being pressured to self resign just becos they are giving birth soon.

If you really want to have kids, than have them. Why must we be swayed by $$ to make a personal and private decision to have them, macham like owe gahment favour meh?

Can afford good, cannot afford look for other avenues of support.

Status
Not open for further replies.