Babies or photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soapa1125

Jul 21, 2005
Hi to All, Want to Know which one will u chose if u can only have one choice!

Babies or photography, u know both r very expensive!

Don't be surprise when u reach an age where your home minister ask u this ! :bsmilie:

Soapa1125 said:

Don't be surprise when u reach an age where your home minister ask u this ! :bsmilie:

Photography, you can earn back the money you spent doing weddings. Babies... maybe you can also have ROI but 20 years in the future and as with all business, its not guaranteed. Depends on moral inflation.

Age of a women must put into consideration.

I show home minister those scrapbook of people's babies.... den tell her.... I choose photography to shoot my baby.... You better choose scrapbooking to make a scrapbook of our baby.... :bsmilie:

Soapa1125 said:

If you can ask this kind of question, I think you will better off choose photography, baby is not you want or have in mind. Not ready to be a parent yet!

This is not a question that should be asked. You should know what you want. You can buy a camera anytime but you cannot say the same for a child.

Soapa1125 said:

Is there really a choice:sweat: when your 'home minister' ask you this?
Learn to discern the true question:)

Photography... babies cost more than photography.

dawgbyte77 said:
Photography, you can earn back the money you spent doing weddings. Babies... maybe you can also have ROI but 20 years in the future and as with all business, its not guaranteed. Depends on moral inflation.
If you are thinking of ROI for babies, then probably it will be a negative returns! How many of us actually help to feed our parents now? If still single, we have to pay for ipods, games, nike, etc.. If married, then most of our $ will go to our wifey and co., house, car......
The best time is still from yr 0 to yr 8, then probably due to the government interference (of course not on purpose) will make your maintenance costs too exorbitant (such as tuition fees, school fees, exam stress, etc..)
So i say, take good care of your babies, wifey, home and parents but don't forget your photography, it will come handy when your kids are big and yr wife has other interests beside you ..... maybe just get some low-cost, low maintenence P&S cam, and forget about going for paid-model shoots.

be a full time photographer and then earn your $$$ to support your baby lah...:bsmilie:

Look at it tis way, u have 3 scenario

1st. Baby first, then you are looking at 20-30 yrs (depending how many babies) of no-other-hobbies-unless-u-Struck-Toto situation

2nd. Camera first, then you would probably be looking at 5 yrs, before you recover your funds for the baby?...

3rd. You choose 2nd, and misfired... well, practically you're screw...:bsmilie:

Pick one.

IMO, hobby and baby are different :). You can have both, balance it up. But don't take the "option" of having a baby for granted. 1 in 5 couples (25%) in Singapore have some sort infertility problem. I waited 4 years to have my wonderfull baby. But it all worth the wait and money spent. Nothing compares the feeling when you first hold that little wonder.

Though I don't go out, I enjoy taking picture of my baby.

I have wife and 2 kids and enjoying photography at the same time. What's so difficult? :dunno:

Babies.

Soapa1125 said:

ideal scenaio - 1 x D2x with 2.1 x babies!!! :bsmilie:

but if you press me on one or the other, i would choose babies... happy enough with a simply p&s to make good photo memories with my family!!! :thumbsup:

as if anyone is gonna just stick to one.

Go for baby and enjoy watching them grow up.
Start shooting them with your camera every year they grow up

Status
Not open for further replies.