B+W UV-Haze 1x MRC F-PRO Filter, fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

engrmariano

Oct 18, 2007
Rivervale
guys, just bought another of this filter at "The Camera Workshop" and noticed the location of the label on the filter.

does it make a difference? does this filter has imitation?:think:

top: from TCWS, label written on the side.
bottom: from CPM that i bought along with my 70-200, label written infront.

IMG_6152-1.jpg

additional image
IMG_6158-2.jpg

notice the #70252 on the left box? doest it imply something?

from TDP

Mine have it on the inside. 70252 is the product code

whatever it is, does the optic live up to the quality of ur previous? if so don think there is a need to worry. imitation definitely would produce such good optic as to match the original.

I have both as well. One from CP and other from OP. Both works well thou the one from CP feels more solid

whatever it is, does the optic live up to the quality of ur previous? if so don think there is a need to worry. imitation definitely would produce such good optic as to match the original.

Agreed.... if the photo result is the same for both (same setting comparison) then wat to worry??

Agreed.... if the photo result is the same for both (same setting comparison) then wat to worry??

will you also pay the imitation or look alike Lowepro bag the same price as the original which also can carry your camera?

I think there were extensive discussion about the B&W variants some time back.

IIRC, basically, two series are manufactured for different markets. One uses slightly cheaper mounting materials. That's pretty much all I can remember about that part. Apparently, B&W has always touted preferring using brass for their rings as it did not bind.

will you also pay the imitation or look alike Lowepro bag the same price as the original which also can carry your camera?

That is different situation...... both CP and OP are reputable store, don't think they will take the risk to sell fake one

IMO

hmm issit one is alluminium and one is brass.

I think there were extensive discussion about the B&W variants some time back.

IIRC, basically, two series are manufactured for different markets. One uses slightly cheaper mounting materials. That's pretty much all I can remember about that part. Apparently, B&W has always touted preferring using brass for their rings as it did not bind.

yep, CP sells the brass version. the other is the alu "made for china". :)

Last edited:
Would there be a price difference between the brass and alu-type? It's more important that the glass is the same IMHO.

should be batch thingy, i have both versions.

I notice the 'fake' one doesn't have a B+W safety seal on the box and doesn't say B+W on the rim. It's not likely that they even leave the product code out.. Better check with Schneider. http://www.schneideroptics.com/contact/contact.htm Some shops do sell quite a lot of fake stuff.. I was quite pissed when I got some fake Nikon body caps and rear lens caps from a shop before and they're selling at the same price as CP sells the real ones for, so just be careful.

Last edited:

Just worry that the fake ones are not endorsed by B+W. If that's the case, you're just letting some crooks make a bigger profit from stolen glass. Or maybe take Hoya HMC glass and put them in remarked rims to pass them off as B+W for higher profits? There are lots of fake stuff circulating in China market. It may be acceptable there because the selling price is low but certainly not here where they charge you for what the original sells for.

Like I mentioned in another thread, I don't mind using compatible 3rd party products but I will not tolerate fakes.

It's better to buy from CP if you're unsure.

Last edited:
Actually one is made of aluminium ring, and the other one, the one we see more often are made of brass.

The reason why people think that the alumnium is fake is because
1)That is not the common one they see other photographers used
2)Many shops sell the aluminium at brass prices

Hence, people feel they are cheated.

Status
Not open for further replies.