B+W UV-Haze 1x MRC F-PRO Filter, fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just worry that the fake ones are not endorsed by B+W. If that's the case, you're just letting some crooks make a bigger profit from stolen glass. Or maybe take Hoya HMC glass and put them in remarked rims to pass them off as B+W for higher profits? There are lots of fake stuff circulating in China market. It may be acceptable there because the selling price is low but certainly not here where they charge you for what the original sells for.

Like I mentioned in another thread, I don't mind using compatible 3rd party products but I will not tolerate fakes.

It's better to buy from CP if you're unsure.

Yup, I agree with you. Camera shops at least should have the courtesy to tell us that the one they are selling are 3rd party ones or other verisions for different market.

Left is aluminium, right is brass

Base on TS pictures:

1st pic left is aluminium, right is brass

2nd pic left is brass, right is aluminium.

Cheers

I just got mine from bro Henessy. You can tell by the weight. Brass one really got "oomph"

hi guys, i made the refund just this afternoon but had a little argument with the shop.

optically, you can tell the difference based on the reflected light coming from any ceiling lighting, fluorescent light bulb to be exact.

bought the brass version at John 3:16 for S$15 more than the alu version.

OT: thanks alot to Samuel Gan of John 3:16 for being so kind & helpful. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

hi guys, i made the refund just this afternoon but had a little argument with the shop.

optically, you can tell the difference based on the reflected light coming from any ceiling lighting, fluorescent light bulb to be exact.

bought the brass version at John 3:16 for S$15 more than the alu version.

OT: thanks alot to Samuel Gan of John 3:16 for being so kind & helpful. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wah, may I know how do you convince the shop such that they refund?

Yup, 70252 is the product code for the brass version.

Is there a product code for the aluminium version? Anyway, I just emailed bw@schneideroptics.com pointing them to this thread. Let's wait for the reply.

Darn.. I think these people are not interested in replying. I've still not gotten their reply... :(

Last edited:
So far those you brought in for the MO are all brass version, right?

Yes, by right there should be price difference. However, sad to say, many camera stores are selling it at the same price as the brass

Wah, may I know how do you convince the shop such that they refund?

me: i searched over the internet and coudnt find the item you gave me... mine is brass and yours is aluminum... original box has #70252, yours doesnt have.

seller: this is the new one, you know that aluminum is lighter and its the new technology & the #70252 is serial number, each box has different.

m: brass is tougher than aluminum... #70252 should be common for this kind of item. if you could give me one, were done. if not, i must get my refund... if only CP-P is not under renovation, i'll get one from them.

s: if you can buy another with the same kind, i'll refund your money.

m: if you can asure me the refund, i'll buy another unit from John3:16.

m: went to J316 & showed to Samuel the one i bought, they told me its totally different. so i borrowed the filter from Samuel & leave them the amount of the filter. i went back to the seller.

m: heres one i bought at J316, may i have the refund now?

s: talks to his wife & gave me the refund... i will ask this to the supplier, how come theres two versions of this filter.

m: went back to J316 & made the official receipt of the filter.

If I am not wrong actually both are made by B&W and they confirmed it sometime ago (in writing).
Yes there is a difference in optical quality as well price.
Unfortunately the main problem lies with B&W that they actually do make 2 different grade for different countries and name them the same.
So it is not a fake but just different quality.
Most who sells the cheaper version should know because it is much cheaper and is a parallel import as B&W will not export the other version to the authorised importer depending on countries. Most parallel importer will act blur when questioned.

me: i searched over the internet and coudnt find the item you gave me... mine is brass and yours is aluminum... original box has #70252, yours doesnt have.

seller: this is the new one, you know that aluminum is lighter and its the new technology & the #70252 is serial number, each box has different.

m: brass is tougher than aluminum... #70252 should be common for this kind of item. if you could give me one, were done. if not, i must get my refund... if only CP-P is not under renovation, i'll get one from them.

s: if you can buy another with the same kind, i'll refund your money.

m: if you can asure me the refund, i'll buy another unit from John3:16.

m: went to J316 & showed to Samuel the one i bought, they told me its totally different. so i borrowed the filter from Samuel & leave them the amount of the filter. i went back to the seller.

m: heres one i bought at J316, may i have the refund now?

s: talks to his wife & gave me the refund... i will ask this to the supplier, how come theres two versions of this filter.

m: went back to J316 & made the official receipt of the filter.

At least TCW honour their words. If this were to happen in Sim Lim, I doubt they will honour their words. They will probably say, I got say meh?

At least TCW honour their words. If this were to happen in Sim Lim, I doubt they will honour their words. They will probably say, I got say meh?

thats why i dont buy items at simlim other than OP...:)

and if they dont, i will say alot of bad things about their shop.:sticktong

i think it was mentioned b4 somewhere in CS... can't seem to find the thread. :dunno:

the brass ring version sold by CP (which, IIRC, is the official dealer of B+W in SG) comes from Germany and is meant for our market.

the aluminium (lighter) version is manufactured (IIRC, according to the old thread) in china and meant for the China market. both are, by right, B+W products, just for different markets.

if you got the aluminium version, it means it is the grey market type not brought in by CP.

i think it was mentioned b4 somewhere in CS... can't seem to find the thread. :dunno:

the brass ring version sold by CP (which, IIRC, is the official dealer of B+W in SG) comes from Germany and is meant for our market.

the aluminium (lighter) version is manufactured (IIRC, according to the old thread) in china and meant for the China market. both are, by right, B+W products, just for different markets.

if you got the aluminium version, it means it is the grey market type not brought in by CP.

Got one 58mm from OP ,only now to know it the aluminium one at the price of brass one...sad and mad:angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.