B+W step-up ring

calvinchan

Mar 23, 2008
Dear Seniors, anyone know where to buy B+W 72-77 step up ring. I know a lot of shops sell generic ones or kenko's, but I'm looking for B+W to match a B+W CPL filter. Many Thanks

calvinchan said:
Dear Seniors, anyone know where to buy B+W 72-77 step up ring. I know a lot of shops sell generic ones or kenko's, but I'm looking for B+W to match a B+W CPL filter. Many Thanks

Why is there a need to match the ring and the filter?

do u mean u u wan put 77mm CPL filter to a lens with 72mm thread?
Anyway I just buy any cheap step-up, so I can just save $ on 1 larger size gd CPL filter and can fit on all my lens, dun need any good brand.

I want to buy a 72-77 mm step ring so that I can use my 77 mm CPL on my 72 mm lens. I'm not sure if the no brand ring will cause my cpl to get stuck etc. So i'm looking for a B+W step up ring. Anyone know where I can find one?

Generic step up ring should work just fine, be it generic or branded ring, it should be fine as long as you do not screw them TOO tight, the ring/filter thread on lens is just to hold the filter, i usually briefly screw in, more than enough to hold the filter in place.

cheers :)

Step up ring just buy no brand one. There's no glass so a no brand one will do fine. Don't need waste money on the step up ring.

miaoteh said:
Generic step up ring should work just fine, be it generic or branded ring, it should be fine as long as you do not screw them TOO tight, the ring/filter thread on lens is just to hold the filter, i usually briefly screw in, more than enough to hold the filter in place.

cheers :)

Ups for not screwing too tight. Unless u are using the new type nano coated xs-pro cpl, you shouldn't have a problem. Those xs-pro model tends to have very tight polarizing ring. What I do is turning the entire step up ring and try my luck to get the polarizing effect. Not the best way but it does works for me at times.

If you are worry about the threads getting stucked, remove them occassionally. Galvanic corrosion will happen if you have different metallic material in contact especially in the presence of moisture. If you use both B+W CPL and step up ring which are brass, it will unlikely happen.

When screwing in make sure it smooth during the initial few threads. If turning not smooth removed and slowly screw in again to prevent cross thread.

Many Thanks for all the advice. But basically no one knows where to buy a B+W step up ring in Singapore? I have to just get a no-brand one right?

Many Thanks for all the advice. But basically no one knows where to buy a B+W step up ring in Singapore? I have to just get a no-brand one right?

you can ask from the shops that you bought your B+w filters...

well, just did a search and there is really B+W step up ring, but a bit pricey.
Step-Up Rings

BUT, no matter what step up ring you are using, your filter will still get stuck IF you ever screw it in TOO tight, HTH. :)

I need to buy a odd size step up ring from B&H, if anyone keen to buy step up rings from B&H, please PM me and we can co-share the shipping.

hey guys, dont mind me asking...what is the difference between step-up and step-down ring?

if i have a 77mm filter and wanna use it for 67/72mm, which should i get?

hey guys, dont mind me asking...what is the difference between step-up and step-down ring?

if i have a 77mm filter and wanna use it for 67/72mm, which should i get?

step up is for a small lens to use a bigger diameter filter, the opposite is true for step down ring.

for you, you should get a step up ring for your 67/72mm lens' filter diameter to use the bigger 77mm filter.

buy a 67-72mm one or 72-77mm one.