B&W Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

meng

Apr 19, 2003
www.pbase.com
hi folks, I had recently taken some shots using Kodak T400CN B&W Film, C41 Process.
Will it be better if I send in to print at those shops doing traditional B&W or just send to any labs which do digitization and then print out?
Anyway tried B&W C41 process films and print out at those traditional b&W shops? Is the results good?

meng said:
hi folks, I had recently taken some shots using Kodak T400CN B&W Film, C41 Process.
Will it be better if I send in to print at those shops doing traditional B&W or just send to any labs which do digitization and then print out?
Anyway tried B&W C41 process films and print out at those traditional b&W shops? Is the results good?

There's just no substitute to getting B&W prints done yourself in a darkroom. No Noritsu is going to replicate those results for you! You'll have to weigh in the additional effort and cost needed to print those pictures yourself though.

IMHO, prints done at the shop lack contrast and texture.

T400CN is a fine film indeed, very very fine grained. I've printed quite a few in the darkroom with very good results. You might have to add a little contrast (red filter) during the printing stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.