B+W ND110 77mm Filter

soulFLY

Nov 11, 2007
AMK
500px.com
Hello fellow CS'er,

May you please advice where I can get a hold of B+W ND110 locally or oversea or via internet?

I have try google around and seems not able to find the correct site.

Sincere advice and link is greatly appreciated. Seems real hard to get hold of this. :)

Thanks in advance.

BR,
Thomas

I really need help to get one of the filter......Please help!

thomas,

here

otherwise, in the uk, try warehouse express, but they do not accept singapore card unless you got uk card and buy from them before. and they will not send to singapore.

thomas,

here

otherwise, in the uk, try warehouse express, but they do not accept singapore card unless you got uk card and buy from them before. and they will not send to singapore.

Thanks WK,

Hennessy seems does not have stock for this filter as for moment and its been awhile I liase with him on this and no response yet.

I actually tried Amazon.com & BH.com which I think BH is giving a better and lower price compared to Amazon. Did try on Warehouse Express (as you mentioned) and these guys seems to deal only locally; means UK, US or Canada only.

Really hard to get this piece of glass....:sweat:

well, if you want to wait, i should be back in singapore again in easter (that's march next year)

i can bring one back for you, if you pick it up from me. sorry that i couldn't be of more help.

i have not seen B+W 110 anywhere actually, other than on henessy's thread, maybe you can ask him.

an alternative is hoya nd400 (8 stops), that one is easier to find in singapore.

how about 2filter?

http://www.amazon.com/B-3-0-Neutral...2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1247560580&sr=8-2

Try this:
USD 149.95 + Shipping to Asia USD 59.99 = >USD 200, however it is a bit too ex.

Hi jt, thanks for the information and im yet to go through it....

well, if you want to wait, i should be back in singapore again in easter (that's march next year)

i can bring one back for you, if you pick it up from me. sorry that i couldn't be of more help.

i have not seen B+W 110 anywhere actually, other than on henessy's thread, maybe you can ask him.

an alternative is hoya nd400 (8 stops), that one is easier to find in singapore.

Hi wk,

thanks for the offer and really appreciate your kind offer.

I will try to get it soonest possible locally or over the internet as planning some travel soon and guess will be needing it....

just want it on hand to give it a trial and error prior for the trip....:)

8 stops seems not enough to limit the light especially shooting at high noon....

Btw, how much you pay for the glass over in UK?

how about 2filter?

Degradation, higher chance of flare and ghosting, and hard to cut that amount of light even with two ND8s for instance.

Do agree with calebk that stacking too much NDs will degrade the image quality...

The light becomes haywire and heavy vignet will occurs as well....

8 stops + stop down can, for sure.

do you know how bad 8 stops is??

at noon, f/8 for 10 stops can do 30 seconds.

so 2 stops difference, you can easily stop down to f/16 and achieve same thing.

if you are thinking b+w quality > hoya, it is not the case.

anyways, i cannot remember what price i paid, but i got from warehouse express, you can check current price there, it has gone up a bit.

8 stops + stop down can, for sure.

do you know how bad 8 stops is??

at noon, f/8 for 10 stops can do 30 seconds.

so 2 stops difference, you can easily stop down to f/16 and achieve same thing.

if you are thinking b+w quality > hoya, it is not the case.

anyways, i cannot remember what price i paid, but i got from warehouse express, you can check current price there, it has gone up a bit.

i get what you mean and i have check hoya ND8, its selling at $130 and if B+W price is not far from Hoya, then ill just get B+W plus the 2 stops...:)

yea, the price seems gone up for ND110...really need to survey on this...

currently, checking with CP whether they can pre-order for me....and from Henessy as well..

I believe waderbreak is referring to www.2filter.com and not stacking 2 filters ;)

2filter.com is very reliable and they stand by their items. I have purchased all my HOYA S-HMC and B+W MRC filters from them over the years here in the US, valued at almost S$1000 total. They have the B+W 77mm #110 Solid ND 3.0 (1000x) 10 f/stop @ US$103.33 excluding shipping (email them to check shipping costs)

Do agree with calebk that stacking too much NDs will degrade the image quality...

The light becomes haywire and heavy vignet will occurs as well....

thomas

not nd8, nd400. nd8 is 2 stop filter only.

hoya nd400 now $130?? faint

nd8 is a 3 stop filter and nd400 is a 9 stops filter just a stop difference compared to nd110 :)

thomas

I believe waderbreak is referring to www.2filter.com and not stacking 2 filters ;)

2filter.com is very reliable and they stand by their items. I have purchased all my HOYA S-HMC and B+W MRC filters from them over the years here in the US, valued at almost S$1000 total. They have the B+W 77mm #110 Solid ND 3.0 (1000x) 10 f/stop @ US$103.33 excluding shipping (email them to check shipping costs)

:bsmilie: well, really got trick by it....cheers on the info and will try the link provided!

nd8 is a 3 stop filter and nd400 is a 9 stops filter just a stop difference compared to nd110 :)

thanks bro for the info...

thomas

ooopppsss...the other day, i enquire on ND8 and not ND400...

guess i get it all wrong...:embrass:

will enquire with shop again...

Ya..got it at that price too :cry: ($132 to be precise, i ask Florence@CP to spare me 2 bucks to take MRT and bus home.:bsmilie:)

But am :heart: it~ :bsmilie:

Last edited:
been googling and reviewing the B+W and Hoya...only a stop difference between glasses but a stop difference does make a difference especially shooting at high noon when the sun is blazing...

the one stop lost can be compensate with CPL to make it 10 stops....will it be any difference in image quality?

what do you guys think about Hoya quality comparing to B+W?

BR,
Thomas