B&W Films

Status
Not open for further replies.

akane

Jun 4, 2003
Sydney
Hi,

Where's the cheapest place to buy B&W films?

What is your favourite brand of B&W films?

Personally, I have been using IlFord 125 ever since I started B&W photography.

Any comments?

akane

welcome!

Ruby's or MO from Clubsnap... bulk rolls seems to be a good start... look for Ran in CS or Neu in Offstone

No particular brands but Tri-X's on my fav list now...

Iford's Plus4 125? Medium format... nice but not grainy enough for my liking... still like Tri-X but hey, I'm biased :)

Usually buy mine in Ruby. Not sure if they're cheapest there but there's a good selection. Tri-X is nice. Oh yah, Konota stocks Fuji Neopan, the 1600 is good!
I guess the cheapest way to get film would be to buy bulk rolls.
try http://www.offstone.com/photo/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7481
but never saw any Illford bulk rolls for sale though...

SniperD said:
welcome!

Ruby's or MO from Clubsnap... bulk rolls seems to be a good start... look for Ran in CS or Neu in Offstone

No particular brands but Tri-X's on my fav list now...

Iford's Plus4 125? Medium format... nice but not grainy enough for my liking... still like Tri-X but hey, I'm biased :)

oops, sniper D replied first. anyway, the link I gave is for Neu in Offstone.

giddygoat said:
oops, sniper D replied first. anyway, the link I gave is for Neu in Offstone.

Neu is now busy with her exam ... might take some time for her to reply u though ...

SniperD said:
heh heh .. we got the same supplier on our A-list eh?..... hehehe :devil:

Hmmm, looks like it. at least i know who to blame if the film i'm looking for is out of stock :devil:
I like Ruby cos it just feels so much more homey than CP.
And neu is from nus so it's easy to collect from her. and i think she does personal delivery to anyone who orders too. but like west ray just said, now is exam time for her and you'd need to give her some time to get back to your order.

Thanks ppl will definitely check out Ruby. ;)

giddygoat said:
Usually buy mine in Ruby. Not sure if they're cheapest there but there's a good selection. Tri-X is nice. Oh yah, Konota stocks Fuji Neopan, the 1600 is good!
I guess the cheapest way to get film would be to buy bulk rolls.
try http://www.offstone.com/photo/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7481
but never saw any Illford bulk rolls for sale though...

Nah, ruby don't want to bring in the ilford bulk roll!! sometimes when you want chems also no stock!!

Anyway, me like hp-5 and fp-4. fp-4, very good in tones, good for B & W people shots.

Just wondering. Who do most of you send to usually for B&W development? I used to send to Ruby (before going digital) but sometimes the quality is not consistent. Will like to use film again! The feeling is different! :)

mjjphoto said:
Just wondering. Who do most of you send to usually for B&W development? I used to send to Ruby (before going digital) but sometimes the quality is not consistent. Will like to use film again! The feeling is different! :)

Some of us (incl me) do the development ourselves. It's quite simple actually.

currently is Ruby Photos for me to do the contact prints.. yeah, not very very consistent but still okie for me.. experimenting mah...

Standley Photos still do the traditional development methods.. yet to try though....

SniperD said:
Standley Photos still do the traditional development methods.. yet to try though....

Stanley's development of b&w is :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stanley at middle road?? what i do is process it at home, scan the negs in to print contact prints, proof print will be in 4 r size pics. 24X36 is too small to judge the sharpness. contact prints is for filing purpose only.

mjjphoto said:

Do they scratch your negs?? or is it very dirty?? not consistent as in under dev, or over dev?? like to know. thanks.

The problem is that they sometimes over and sometimes under develop. All easily adjusted digitally though...but that defeats the purpose of using film right?

I unfortunately don't have the ability, equipment nor the time to set up a dark room to do development on my own. Therefore no choice but to depend on others. :(

Then you can try konota, the guy doing their processing is my mentor.

Status
Not open for further replies.