B&W enthusiasts gathering

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jcryan55

Sorry... This seems to be the appropriate sub forum

From a recent MO done for some B&W books, it was feedback to me that many ofthe B&W photo enthusiasts are very keen to meet up.
I've been approached by a local equipment manufacturer to nurture this "movement".

The session is going to take place downtown. All particpants will berequired to bring 2 prints (of course, b&w lah) Likely activity during the first gathering would be:

1. Guest speaker, a local B&W guru
2. Print critique
3. Technique sharing

It would probably be a weekend afternoon. maybe 3pm to 5pm.
Just like to know if anyone is interested. Need some numbers of participants to convince the sponsors.

List of interested parties:

1. jcryan55
2. PNChong

1. jcryan55
2. PNChong
3. Popeye

KNIGHT ONG said:
Would likes to join but got no B&W prints ... how?? :(

Knight, please come! Finally can get to meet you!

1. jcryan55
2. PNChong
3. Popeye
4.Boonwei (if it is on a sunday)

I'm interested to meet up, but need to know the date and time. :)

I only have a sepia print. Is that considered BW?

wanna learn more about digital b&w photography also

Any indication when it'll be? Would be interested to join.

Rgds

y not have a small gathering at Shangri la lobby court on sunday for a friendly pointers exchange ?

Sure, I'll come...

Wai Leong
===
jcryan55 said:
Sorry... This seems to be the appropriate sub forum

From a recent MO done for some B&W books, it was feedback to me that many ofthe B&W photo enthusiasts are very keen to meet up.
I've been approached by a local equipment manufacturer to nurture this "movement".

The session is going to take place downtown. All particpants will berequired to bring 2 prints (of course, b&w lah) Likely activity during the first gathering would be:

1. Guest speaker, a local B&W guru
2. Print critique
3. Technique sharing

It would probably be a weekend afternoon. maybe 3pm to 5pm.
Just like to know if anyone is interested. Need some numbers of participants to convince the sponsors.

List of interested parties:

1. jcryan55
2. PNChong

Hi...all,
Pls bear w me for keeping the suspense. The sponsor will provide the premises plus all the seating arrangement & all stationary & LCD projector etc. But food may have to be on our own. This is not a big problem right.

The sponsor wants longer relationship than just being a venue provider. there is a bigger plan to enlist photographers to do a joint exhibtion under their brand name. Oops....slip out of my mouth. But it will have positive mileage as well as for both individual photographer & them.

For a start I'm trying to limit the total attendee to 20 person. So, if I do not see yr name on the list, I'm sorry u will not be part of the gathering. So, Pls add yr name in the list if u seriously wants to turn up. Targeting to have the session on maybe 2 Jan 05, 2-4pm.
Will make known all the details when the first 20 names are reached.

So, the ONE list:

1. jcryan55
2. PNChong
3. Popeye
4. KEX (Boonwei) (if it is on a sunday)

U may choose to come with a silver halide monochrome print or a digitally PS B&W print. Just as long as it's only Black, white & grey, simple as that. Toned prints eg green, copper, gold, sepia blue toned prints are welcome. Pls at least have it like 8R so that all can see properly. We may initiate a print exchange session during the meeting.

NOTE: This thread is not trying to spark a debate on whether the traditional darkroom vs digital B&W prints, which one better. It just hoping to merry up all enthusiasts who set their keen eyes on seeing things in shades of grey.

BTW, OT or banal talk is welcome on this thread but still the list of attendee will prevail for the actual occasion.

So, the ONE list:

1. jcryan55
2. PNChong
3. Popeye
5. SniperD :)

U may choose to come with a silver halide monochrome print or a digitally PS B&W print. Just as long as it's only Black, white & grey, simple as that. Toned prints eg green, copper, gold, sepia blue toned prints are welcome. Pls at least have it like 8R so that all can see properly. We may initiate a print exchange session during the meeting.

NOTE: This thread is not trying to spark a debate on whether the traditional darkroom vs digital B&W prints, which one better. It just hoping to merry up all enthusiasts who set their keen eyes on seeing things in shades of grey.

BTW, OT or banal talk is welcome on this thread but still the list of attendee will prevail for the actual occasion.

So, the ONE list:

1. jcryan55
2. PNChong
3. Popeye
5. Hong Sien (if it is before Jan 6)

How many prints can we bring?

just bring all la,can extend the session on our own at some kopi outlet later lor.

Status
Not open for further replies.