B&S: How much do you expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

synapseman

May 6, 2003
State of Confusion
www.pbase.com
As a seller, do you jack up your price, knowing that people sure bargain? Or do you advertise what you really think is a fair price (with some leeway for negotiation)?

As a buyer, do you expect the price to be jacked up, hence expect a hefty bargain?

I know it's a Singaporean thing to expect discounts and good bargains, but sometimes I observe people to give really insultingly low bids (speaking from experience, and on behalf of others). Ask for low price is one thing, but some are downright arrogant about it. i.e. your sell price is say, $500 (from a maybe $800 original price), then the fella offers $100 with a snobbish "take-it-or-leave-it attitude." It seems that some people will try to squeeze as much as they possibly can.

Seriously, what's up with that, man?

just ignore the bid lar... definitely not a big enuff deal for me to open a thread like u have. :)

but ok, to answer ur question, i dunno wat the deal is, but putting low bids are easy, and i THINK it gives u a +1 in post count too!!! :bsmilie:

starting a bid low i think it's ok. I've seen many strategy to start low eg:camera body at $500 then someone come in and start $400.. following a $50 increment and before you know it has reached $600 and up!

You can add that if RP not met, you're not selling the stuff. so chill yeah?

Bidding is only the beginning.... wait till you meet the 'potential' buyer....its like meeting with your future in-laws. Chill la bro. Kopi on me onz?

i find that pricing an item too high gets it ignored, while pricing it too low arouses many suspicions and questions - and the seller loses out, or really has no intention to let the item go.

Pricing it just about right usually gets the sale done within a week or two.

I re-quote what my friend have said;

funniest reason (so far) of the year why u shld bid extremely low for a pro lens...

The answer : your lens is still unsold.::bsmilie:

Usually you can gauge the market price for an item by the latest B&S posts.

When I want to sell something, I usually prefer a quick deal, so I price it slightly below the market price to get a fast response. I also indicate that the price is non-negotiable, and ignore any ridiculous bids.

I don't usually buy secondhand items unless the price catches my eye.

ya lah. Just price a little below the market price and say non-negotiable.

I find bidding system too long and sometimes people bid for fun as they dunno if they will win the bid. Placing a realistic the buy now price is better as people who offer the price is SERIOUS as they know they have to honour the offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.