B & H Photography shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

clifftan

Jan 29, 2004
Woodlands
Hi

Anyone ever order things from B & H before? :think: How is their service rated?

I also notice that there are 2 different kind of prices for the same item, :bigeyes: ie: Imported and USA. Generally, those imported are cheaper than the same one that stated USA. So, what's the difference ?? :dunno: :dunno:

cheers :bsmilie:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...but I think the main difference is that the imported warrenty coverage is by B&H themselves...while the USA ones are with warrenties covered by the OEM...

Their service not bad lor...been to their store a couple of times...quite reliable lah...heh...very very wide array of products man...can safely say it have aboslutely everything a photographer will ever need...heh...they have established quite a good system for online purchasing lor...

Think I last heard from somewhere that CP also gets some of their stock from B&H??...heh..donno how true lah...

B&H is awesome. I've ordered 3 of my lenses from them. The order ships out the same day and Shipping takes 3 days to arrive on the dot. No hassles at all

I was at CP when back in Singapore in December and asked about the price of the 85mm F1.8, the salesman told me he was selling it for $660 dollars. I gasped and told him that B&H was selling it for $318 US dollars (at that time. Wah! I just checked and 135mm F2L is now close to 900!! Super inflated!)

Anyway, the salesman said hmmmm, then he just asked me to buy from them. :bsmilie:

Never mentioned anything about buying through them though

Never tried them before, but from what I heard around other forums, their service is very good, though some have complained that it's quite troublesome the first time round as they require you to fax over copies of your credit card and stuff like that for verification purposes.

And if you aren't going to be in the US, makes no sense for you to pay a premium and buy their US lenses (Nikon USA only services US equipment and is notorious for not touching grey markert stuff) ... afterall, once they ship to Singapore, US or import, it'll still be grey.

justarius said:
Never tried them before, but from what I heard around other forums, their service is very good, though some have complained that it's quite troublesome the first time round as they require you to fax over copies of your credit card and stuff like that for verification purposes.

And if you aren't going to be in the US, makes no sense for you to pay a premium and buy their US lenses (Nikon USA only services US equipment and is notorious for not touching grey markert stuff) ... afterall, once they ship to Singapore, US or import, it'll still be grey.

Think the US warrenty is International Warrenty ...... meaning it can be enforce here ..... correct me if I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.