B.A.L.I - Barong

Status
Not open for further replies.

czamzami

Mar 19, 2004
barong.jpg

Hi fellas,

This picture was taken 2 years back when i travel to Bali.
Retouched in photoshop using art history brush.
Comments Please.. Welcome constructive comments, coz i know I still need a lot of improvement.

Cheers;)
Zamzami

Pic looks kinda soft... mebbe it's the slightly uneven warm-fuzzy-soft-focus-gaussian-blur effect applied, mebbe it's the jpeg compression. Colors are a little flat too from lack of contrast, mebbe it's because of the harsh-sunlight, a little more contrast & saturation would help.

The brush effect is kinda cool but I think a sharper pic with sharper colors with or without a more homogeneous soft-focus effect would make a cool pic

I'm agree with Rev. Plus your black border seems too thick. It is a little bit distracting for me.

My suggestion for you:
untitled16zx.jpg

Thanks Rev and Adityo. I do agree that the pic is not very sharp.
It is a bit difficult for me to captuer a nice angle because the barong is not facing the sun, hence making it underexpose. But if I reduce the shutter time, then the pic will be blur.

Maybe next time go to Bali must be brave enough to move nearer to the object so that my shaky hand will not caouse too much problem, hehehe..

Anyway Rev, care to share what do u mean by "a more homogeneous soft-focus effect". Thanks in advance.

Rev said:
The brush effect is kinda cool but I think a sharper pic with sharper colors with or without a more homogeneous soft-focus effect would make a cool pic

It looks like some sections of the pic look softer. Could be my old-man eyes, could be the jpeg compression. I think the original pic probably looks fine, the subject's colors looks interesting enough. Slightly underexposed should be fine... the tradeoff is some loss of color & contrast but positively will minimize overblown highlights (white spots).

By showign a smaller photo, it will look sharper overall, here's what I mean. higher contrast added too...
original.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.