Awd -

Status
Not open for further replies.

yumyum

Aug 18, 2005
Singapore
www.yummibear.multiply.com
What lens is preferred to be usd for actual wedding day ???
Cos i'm backup for my friend wedding

I am using Nikon system

Your existing gear is already more than sufficient as a back-up photographer.

Sticking with Nikon, if your budget allows and you really want it, either the Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8 or the Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8 would be a fantastic addition.

But as it is, your existing Nikkor AF50mm f/1.8 + SB800 + your all-in-one zoom would suffice.

i 'm not sure if i want to get a second body ie : D70s , for my friend AD wedding .,.. cos i dun wann change lens ... can anyone advise me on this ??

anyone has been in this kind of situations before ??
I really feel like selling away my current dslr ... but realise that no one wants to buy D50 animore ... ???

:dunno: :dunno: :think:

If you don't want to change lens, there's no choice but to have a 2nd body or else compromise your whole shoot with your all-in-one.

I would not suggest doing that as you are just the backup photographer. During the day, under different situations/locations, you would know which of your existing lens to mount on your D50.

Personally, I find that there's no point in purchasing the D70S or even the forthcoming D80 based on your current setup.

I don't even consider myself an "average" yet but I still make do with a basic DSLR (the D70S was the most basic when I purchased mine) but saved the money for good glass. It's good glass over body for me; esp. with digital.

I have so far managed one as a main + one as backup on a D70S + 18-70mm + 17-35mm + SB600. All the above are rather basic gear.

The experience of shooting a wedding and the planning before the shoot is what you should be thinking about now.

Status
Not open for further replies.