Aware, what is the main issue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
sexuality education? its contents? MOE's vetting process not rigorous enough? homosexuality and lesbianism? pre-marital sex, etc. inclusiveness?

Last edited:
Aware makes me aware that people are crying out for more diversify sexual experiences. This is a sign of a mature society with a sick mind.

All i know is that a group of young punk came, bring a bunch of sis, gotten the seat, kick the oldies, waste the funds, creates issues, causes uproars and thousands of ladies came to pull them down....... Haiz, damn drama sia.

What they shouldn't do is to bring in Christianity. Gives us, Christians, a bad name. Some more in a multi culture country like SGP. :nono:

i think the opposing force is just as strong.

The main issues are with overzealous religious parents who still maintain their 60s,70s mentality and has no idea what kind of world their children are living in today.

How can one possibly promote homesexuality? I can have the president telling me it's alright to be homo, but that's not gonna make me wanna screw a guy?!!

The whole issue about MOE retracting it's previous stand on the AWARE sexuality program is because of the exposed Instructor Manual which I agree has some rather liberal views.
But the manual is meant to be confidential and not to be shared or distributed, meaning people who protested against the program in the first place don't even know the content until
after the takeover. And the more ridiculous, it's people from within the New AWARE that posted the content on their website for the whole world to see. Now that's a really low move
by the so-call morality advocators.

Since MOE has taken actions after sudden protest and concerns from parents (maybe all from the same church), then why didn't they take this step in the first place instead of starting
a silly takeover war in such a public fashion?

Whatever the outcome, the real loser in this whole affair is the faith....if you know what I mean.

i think the opposing force is just as strong.

The opposing force might be strong, but they lack the passion cause they just follow blindly.

Things will be very different if the opposing force are not Christians. I think government would've stepped in long time.

The main issues are with overzealous religious parents who still maintain their 60s,70s mentality and has no idea what kind of world their children are living in today.

How can one possibly promote homesexuality? I can have the president telling me it's alright to be homo, but that's not gonna make me wanna screw a guy?!!

The whole issue about MOE retracting it's previous stand on the AWARE sexuality program is because of the exposed Instructor Manual which I agree has some rather liberal views.
But the manual is meant to be confidential and not to be shared or distributed, meaning people who protested against the program in the first place don't even know the content until
after the takeover. And the more ridiculous, it's people from within the New AWARE that posted the content on their website for the whole world to see. Now that's a really low move
by the so-call morality advocators.

Since MOE has taken actions after sudden protest and concerns from parents (maybe all from the same church), then why didn't they take this step in the first place instead of starting
a silly takeover war in such a public fashion?

Whatever the outcome, the real loser in this whole affair is the faith....if you know what I mean.

I agree with you. I'm not sure what's the content about on homo. Whether they promote it or just sharing info that it exits in our society. But I do not agree is that they brought in religion.

I read the news and say "what's the big deal?" yawn............

parents who still maintain their 60s,70s mentality and has no idea what kind of world their children are living in today.

But the manual is meant to be confidential and not to be shared or distributed,

pardon my ignorance - what kind of world is my children living in? Girls walking to toilet with cucumber and boys engaging in 69 in the stairways?

Something new to me, you are saying that AWARE is secretly promoting homosexual internally.

don't you all tired of this Aware thing?

:bsmilie:

that few days, everyday saw their news until bored :bsmilie:

pardon my ignorance - what kind of world is my children living in? Girls walking to toilet with cucumber and boys engaging in 69 in the stairways?

Something new to me, you are saying that AWARE is secretly promoting homosexual internally.

I shall not elaborate on the comment of the world our children is living in :bsmilie:

AWARE is definitely NOT promoting homosexuality, I'm just saying that some content in the Instructor Manual might be too liberal for some parents to take (asians especially), and it's not
just on the topic of homosexuality. For example, 'virginity is a state of mind'. And please take note that I'm not trying to start an argument here on AWARE's program, I'm simply responding
to the topic started by TS. The manual is meant for Instructors, giving advise on responses and stuff. Just because there's a separate manual for Instructors doesn't meant the organistion is
trying to conduct themselves differently internally.

The program is not written by AWARE by the way.

Last edited:
The main issue is:

1. aware becoming a little liberal in their programmes
2. ah ums from the church buay tahan and decide to formulate a take over
3. ah ums splurge 90k before hitting the road. They say all the drama increased the membership for a 120k windfall, still up 30k. Personally only ah um and ah pek can rationalise like this. If there weren't any new registrants to out vote them, they'll justify their actions some other way.

The main issue is:

3. ah ums splurge 90k before hitting the road. They say all the drama increased the membership for a 120k windfall, still up 30k. Personally only ah um and ah pek can rationalise like this. If there weren't any new registrants to out vote them, they'll justify their actions some other way.

It's like if you injured a jobless man in a car accident, then you tell the family that at least they can claim insurance money for his injury. Crap talk from an obviously arrogant group of people.

Anyway, AWARE is much more than the sexuality program. Those people should really look beyond the sexual horizon, or is that the only thing that's on their mind all the time?

It's really funny how Josie Lau and gang can go through the effort to create a presentation to list down the many respectable achievements of the old guards without realising that they themselves are involve in non of them :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Last edited:
I shall not elaborate on the comment of the world our children is living in :bsmilie:

AWARE is definitely NOT promoting homosexuality, I'm just saying that some content in the Instructor Manual might be too liberal for some parents to take (asians especially), and it's not
just on the topic of homosexuality. For example, 'virginity is a state of mind'. And please take note that I'm not trying to start an argument here on AWARE's program, I'm simply responding
to the topic started by TS. The manual is meant for Instructors, giving advise on responses and stuff. Just because there's a separate manual for Instructors doesn't meant the organistion is

No worries am not picking an argument here.
BTW 'virginity is a state of mind' is a very powerful subtle statement to enourage young girls into sex. All the wovles use it to pursuade young naive girls into having sex with them. TRY IT.:bsmilie:

Definitely they are not but they have a misguide manual on homosexuality. They approve anal sex, pre-marriage sex and homosexual act as normal (or neutral) and they are introducing these to our young students in school. This is totally unacceptable. That's why MOE has restricted the AWARE's activities in this. There are over 7000 petition against AWARE's old guards on these topic now.. Wonder what's those on Women mind?

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/parents_sex_ed_appeal/signatures-1.html

No worries am not picking an argument here.
BTW 'virginity is a state of mind' is a very powerful subtle statement to enourage young girls into sex. All the wovles use it to pursuade young naive girls into having sex with them. TRY IT.:bsmilie:

Yes, I believe that is one of the killer statement that made MOE e-brake and u-turn. Although I'm a supporter of the old guards, preferring to concentrate on their many
achievements done to women, but I have to be fair and say they've gone too liberal in certain views for their own good.

And that's where they created the cracks to let the extremist in. Sad....but entertaining nonetheless.

AWARE is promoting homosexuality and/or GLBT (gays, lesbians, bisexuals, transexuals) to a certain degree as there is one male instructor who is gay. Also, some funds currently come from the chen su lan trust fund which is controlled by a pastor in a gay church. The funds have been used to fund certain programmes that are more liberal. The old guards legal advisor has in the past been encouraging the government to repel 377A. Also the number of members who are GLBT seems to increase over the years while the total membership seems to have fallen over the years until the year 2008.

Last edited:
they've gone too liberal in certain views for their own good.

QUOTE]

I'm not so sure about their intention. But I doubt they are being liberal. To me I interpret it this way - The subtle message in their manual is a manisfestation of someone who has being supressed - supressed from living a homosexual or lesbian lifestyle. Hence, this subtle teaching is to promote their perverted lifestyle - a way to overcome their guilt or a form of rebellious against who ever that have stop them in their perverted sexual desire. Or it could be written by an old woman who is forbidden to engage in sex during her teenage.

AWARE is promoting homosexuality and/or GLBT (gays, lesbianism, bisexuals, transexuals) to a certain degree as there is one male instructor who is gay. Also, some funds currently come from the chen su lan trust fund which is controlled by a pastor in a gay church. The funds have been used to fund certain programmes that are more liberal. The old guards legal advisor has in the past been encouraging the government to repek 377A. Also the number of members who are GLBT seems to increase over the years while the total membership seems to have fallen over the years until the year 2008.

Wah, got such thing as a gay church one ah?? Haha

If I tell you now that, hey, being gay is so much fun and enjoyable, come join us my fren.....will you convert to a gay?

Elton John is a gay, so let's all stop listening to his gay music! Including his tribute song to Mother Theresa and Princess Diana.

Gianni Versace is a gay (RIP), let's all stop buying Versace clothing and start a movement to stop all celebrities from wearing clothing from gay designers. If not, Singapore will ban their movies here.

Some high ranking religious priests have admitted to abusing young boys, let all rise against that faith.

Please lah my fren, be more practical leh. The whole value of AWARE is about being inclusive and not discriminate. There's no promotion of anything negative at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.