Joo Chiat Place
Hi

Aperture: F11
Shuttle speed: 1/125
ISO: 200
Focal lengthL 35mm

Time taken: Evening around 5:30pm
Camera and lens: see my signature

Feedback on the balance of the colour to the time of shot, and also the balance of the objects in photo.

Focus was on the lamp post.

Is it consider acceptable in the view of photogs.

Objective of the shot was to describe that no matter what happens, even if you were to stand still, time still goes on, things still move around you. Something to that nature I guess.

Value your C & C

:sweat:

Overlooking.jpg

u need to brush up on ur basic composition skills like "never place the horizon in the center or subject in the center:think:unless offcourse ur trying to be a REBEL:) we really do need rebels around......to break rules;) everthing in ur pic is so straight,and stiff, i feel like standing up too straight;) coming to the balance,its perfectly balanced:think:

u need to brush up on ur basic composition skills like "never place the horizon in the center or subject in the center:think:unless offcourse ur trying to be a REBEL:) we really do need rebels around......to break rules;) everthing in ur pic is so straight,and stiff, i feel like standing up too straight;) coming to the balance,its perfectly balanced:think:

Thanks for the feedback, you are definitely right on the issue of "centering", that was one of the focus point I didn't know how to place it. On 1 hand, I want balance, but on the other, I didn't want to center. Appreciate more of your feedback, but definitely, being a rebel, not yet la, cannot la. Ha Ha.....

Cheerio

Thanks again.

Wow! you probably should have called this picture as symmetry! you have divided the picture into 4 quadrants!! Just like newlife, It feels stiff and upright. I did not get "time passing by" feel. The horizon is a bit tilted.

this is an interesting photo, everything seem so symmetrical, even the two boats, great use of "braking the rule".

the surreality of the picture is quite addictive. the deliberate timing and framing of the shot beckons the viewer to roam around the picture looking for clues, yet show little other than the stillness of the moment embodied by the lamp post standing in the face of the viewer against speeding boats in the background.

i would love to see the details of the shot pushed to the limit of simplicity. correct the horizontal and vertical lines to make them perfectly straight, that'll remove minor tensions in the picture distracting viewers from the main objects.

unless we are shooting fr others:)i think breaking rules subtly is the way to go...so let us see more of rebellion frm u pal..........dont shy away frm being a rebel....but dont ever break the traffic rules or a condom;) finally ur interest in creating a well balanced picture is really cool.......not many photographers show it in their pics

subjects can be centered, sometimes subtly:) but not a horizon:nono:lik in ur pic wher the horizon is too obvious:)

imo putting the horizon in/near the center was never a problem in composition, one needs to judge the validity of that ''rule'' with context. in fact, for this shot, i would love to have the horizon line smack right in the middle if possible. if every part of this shot is deliberated to clinical perfection, one can almost hear the lamp post and boats screaming for attention.

Thank you all for the great comments, really appreciate it, you have really given me more thoughts on this subject, I will try something different the next time I post for you all to comment. Hopefully not another rebel work though. Ha Ha.

Really really appreciate your comments.

Keep it coming.

:cool: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.