Aviation Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbespeleta

Apr 28, 2006
Bedok
I saw photos from Airliners.net and am fascinated by the photos of airplanes.

Is there any group here that does aviation photography? Or are there people in this group who do aviation photography? Any tips of a good place to shoot?

Thanks...

My 2 year old son loves that web site! Haha.....when he grows up and has his own camera I will give you guys his contact. I'm sure he would love camping out along the runway for plane shots!:bsmilie::bsmilie:

must train your son....haha....:D

changi airport is so far away from me....i was thinking if i can shoot military planes somewhere near tengah airbase? trying to camp out during the holidays.....wonder if the ISD will detain me....

:)

I saw photos from Airliners.net and am fascinated by the photos of airplanes.

Is there any group here that does aviation photography? Or are there people in this group who do aviation photography? Any tips of a good place to shoot?

Thanks...

There isn't any group per se but you can find individuals shooting along Changi beach or SAFRA NSRCC, location depends on the inbound schedules. Im more or a military enthusiast so i visit LIMA airshows(once every 2yrs for shoot)...anyway i've to skip this year due my newborn:cool:

changi airport is so far away from me....i was thinking if i can shoot military planes somewhere near tengah airbase? trying to camp out during the holidays.....wonder if the ISD will detain me....

Don't try 'snooping' around TAB :thumbsd:

i think there's some kinda aircraft museum next to paya lebar airbase. u-turn only reach liao... else can always take next year during the singapore airshow.

trying to take pictures near any base in singapore is a big :nono::nono:

Yes that is the Air Force Museum.

There's a theatre over there you can go to watch some videos and a small gift shop.

I'm not so sure if the S211 is still there though.

Hi,

I'm new to photography and i like fighter jets.. can anyone recommend a camera and the lens for shooting fast moving planes?

Hi,

I'm new to photography and i like fighter jets.. can anyone recommend a camera and the lens for shooting fast moving planes?

Hi, i first started with a Sigma 70-200 f2.8 with pretty decent results. Fast moving? Depends on subject matter...a helicopter in hovering position, or a C-130 with feathering props, looks noticeably different from say a F-16 doing a bomb burst.

Hi, i first started with a Sigma 70-200 f2.8 with pretty decent results. Fast moving? Depends on subject matter...a helicopter in hovering position, or a C-130 with feathering props, looks noticeably different from say a F-16 doing a bomb burst.

Fast moving as in F-16s doing bomb burst or other aerobics. I'm planning to get one decent camera from sitex and use it for next year's Singapore Airshow 2008 :)

Fast moving as in F-16s doing bomb burst or other aerobics. I'm planning to get one decent camera from sitex and use it for next year's Singapore Airshow 2008 :)

the camera is just part of the equation.
The lens is just as, if not more important!

well... this period is quite a good timing to take our black knights doing their practices...

i normally take aviation photos... just be careful and sentitive to your surroundings when taking photos... do not want to have the ISA come knocking on your doors...

there are some good spots depending on which type of planes one is interested in...

well... better try not to... i used to do that but that was before the 911... now, have to be careful... remember the case where the ISA went to the house of a photographer and he was arrested for only taking photo of a road of the place where US military personnels are?...:eek:

something to share...

01a-39.jpg

the camera is just part of the equation.
The lens is just as, if not more important!

just read around the forum and noticed that the lens are more important. so i plan to make use of sitex to get a set of camera which comes with lens and its good for shooting fast jets

A set of camera that comes with lens? You mean kit lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.