Automatically adding borders

Status
Not open for further replies.

myloplex

May 27, 2003
Visit site
Anybody know any program that can add borders (with signatures) automatically to pictures ... ie like a batch process action.

thxs :) but if I got hunderds of photos to process ..will take ages ... any other way ? :>

You can record the whole process as an action and do batch processing.

I understand the border setup as well as recording an action. My problem is how to record the border size so it's always 10 pixels (and the pictures are different sizes). I cannot just change the border from 600 to 620 because if the next picture is 400, making it 620 would create an enourmous border. Using percentage is not an option either, any advice?

Can't the Photoshop action record the canvas size adjustment by say 10 pixel x 10 pixel with relative "checked"? So it doesn't matter is your image 800x600 or 1800x1600 right? :dunno:

Cheers!

vojtab said:
I understand the border setup as well as recording an action. My problem is how to record the border size so it's always 10 pixels (and the pictures are different sizes). I cannot just change the border from 600 to 620 because if the next picture is 400, making it 620 would create an enourmous border. Using percentage is not an option either, any advice?

make actions for all image sizes that you use. copy the action and change the re-record the image size part only. hope it helps.

vojtab said:

Valid question. Sure you can record the sequence . However not ll the photos are of the same size. Plus some are potrait while othersa are landscape. I too would like to learn how to do this in batch process.

vojtab said:

see; http://forums.clubsnap.org/showpost.php?p=753101&postcount=5

it's possible.

set the action to start recording
u set the background colour to whatever you want.
select "Image"
Selct "canvas size" (make sure "Relative" is checked)
put in the number of pixels/inches/etc. you want to add to each side
click "OK"

add whatever signature you want
flatten the image
stop the action record

apply this to each picture that you want to add a border to. :think:

Adiemus... relative is not precise, will not work well for images of different sizes, best way I think of is to use a simple scripting, where you can do this in precision.

For those that previous downloaded the web border script, pls kindly redownload it again.

I got mixed up in the variables in the published version, it should be fixed now

My sincere apology.... :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.