automatic watch winder

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not 30-45 for a battery lah. They also do a general inspection for you... to see if it needs any repair. Then, they replace the rubber gasket, which is important else your perspiration may get into the watch. Plus, they clean up the watch generally for you. I don't think I paid 30-45 for that service... but prices may have gone up.

Personally, I think it's well worth it. I only do it once every 2 1/2 to 3 years, and I've been wearing my tag since I started working. Operationally, it's cheaper than most of those cheapy watches.

Sometimes, I pay about $70+ to have them service the watch. Meaning, they clean out the inside and calibrate the watch to ensure that it tells the time accurately. If you watch is pretty scratched up, they can polish up the steel area as well.

I also have a Chopard watch... but that one I wind it when I need to wear it. Normally, I keep it in my digi-cabi with my camera.

Don't be lazy lah... Just wind it lah...

do they really do all those maintenance?i dont think so.at least, i wasnt told of it in my case.

i just pop in the shop, ask to change batt, and was told 30-45.i cant remember how much exactly as i have a few tags.
well, if they really do the maintenance, then yes, the $ is well worth it.

sorry, i didnt make myself clear.
my winding means i need to adjust the time and date.
not to wind it in order for it to work.

usually when they go dead in 3-4 days, i'll just need to shake it gently and it'll move.

i'm not a watch collector so pardon me if i get my jargons wrong.:embrass:

do they really do all those maintenance?i dont think so.at least, i wasnt told of it in my case.

i just pop in the shop, ask to change batt, and was told 30-45.i cant remember how much exactly as i have a few tags.
well, if they really do the maintenance, then yes, the $ is well worth it.

The shop assistant blur... I went to the tag service centre. It's at:

LVMH Watch & Jewelry Singapore Pte.Ltd.
250 North Bridge Road
#32-04 Raffles City Tower
Singapore
TEL :+ 65 6338 6848
FAX :+ 65 6338 7270

Think they are still there. I pay them a visit every couple of years. The most important maintenance is to change the rubber gasket, which they do with each battery change. You pay extra for additional services. My friend ruined his tag beacuse he put it with a bunch of keys in his bag. It was so badly scratched up. But LVMH polished it up nicely for him (for a fee of course).

As for the timing, 2 weeks is for servicing, which includes calibration and general cleaning (internal also) change battery and change gasket. If you only want to change the battery and gasket, they only take a couple of hours (at least that's what happened to me). Normally, I send it in early in the morning. Then they will call me to tell me if the watch needs servicing. If it is in good condition internally, they will just change the gasket and battery, and I can collect it in the afternoon.

naughtypiggie,
thanks for the information.

must have been they called my PA.coz i definitely didnt receive any calls from them as to whether i want to go ahead with the servicing or not.

that's bascially automatic lor.isnt it?

Kinetic is similar to automatic except instead of winding up a coil, it charges the internal battery. The watch runs on battery instead of precision movements.

sorry, i didnt make myself clear.
my winding means i need to adjust the time and date.
not to wind it in order for it to work.

usually when they go dead in 3-4 days, i'll just need to shake it gently and it'll move.

i'm not a watch collector so pardon me if i get my jargons wrong.:embrass:

How much do you have turn to change the time and date? I thought that's should be simple? I'm still looking for a watch that can synchronize its time to one of the atomic clocks via GPS clock. ;p

I've got this "Watch People" watch i got it as a 21st birthday present. I did a quick check and i found it to be quite expensive so i didn't wear it. Now it's batt went dead after 2 years being in the cupboard. Any idea where to replace the batt? conventional watch repair shop can do it?

anyone knows where to get one locally?
i tried hour glass.but the one they carry doesnt really appeal to me. and it's expensive.it's near $300.

i'm sick and tired of having to wind my watches whenever i need to wear them.

thanks;)

I strongly feel that if it comes from a reputable brand, its seriously worth buying.
Especially if you are gona have moer manual watches in future.:thumbsup:

seiko kinetic auto relay.

works like an automatic, i.e. wear it to keep charged, but if you set it aside it goes to "sleep" in about a couple of days. when you pick it up again, it "wakes up" and remembers how long it went to sleep and adjusts the time accordingly. it's pretty cool watching the hands move around to the correct time. only drawback is got to adjust the date as the watch only remembers a 24 hour block. e.g. if it went to sleep at 4pm and you picked it up at 7am 5 days later, the hands will move to 7am but will only change the date once.

I strongly feel that if it comes from a reputable brand, its seriously worth buying.

How about a power drill? ;p

How much do you have turn to change the time and date? I thought that's should be simple? I'm still looking for a watch that can synchronize its time to one of the atomic clocks via GPS clock. ;p

how much ah?

you know, it's damn troublesome.the hands must be between 3 oclock and nine oclock then can adjust.then after adjust date, then adjust time, then must wind wind 20 times and blah.

early morning go to work, grab a watch, and have to do all that?

really very troublesome lah.:thumbsd::embrass:

i'm not saying it's not worth buying.
but i really have quite a number of automatic watches.it's really insane to get one for each of them.i'm hoping there's one that can accomodate like....10?ok lah...maybe 5.i'll be more than happy.

here's a thought. get one of those shifting sand things, the one that rocks left to right. attach watches on top, and hey presto, they're constantly in motion so they should stay 'charged'.

how much ah?

you know, it's damn troublesome.the hands must be between 3 oclock and nine oclock then can adjust.then after adjust date, then adjust time, then must wind wind 20 times and blah.

early morning go to work, grab a watch, and have to do all that?

really very troublesome lah.:thumbsd::embrass:

Dun even know if such a watch exists.. ;p

Wah.. so troublesome one ah? Luckily, I'm a digital watch person. ;p

here's a thought. get one of those shifting sand things, the one that rocks left to right. attach watches on top, and hey presto, they're constantly in motion so they should stay 'charged'.

what's that??????:dunno:

i'm not saying it's not worth buying.
but i really have quite a number of automatic watches.it's really insane to get one for each of them.i'm hoping there's one that can accomodate like....10?ok lah...maybe 5.i'll be more than happy.

There are winders that can accomodate 10 for sure. There are even winder cupboards. It boils down to $, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.