Automatic Shooting at interval timings

alancwr

Sep 23, 2007
i using canon 1000D, i read thru my manual it seems that there is no "automatic" shooting in intervals?

anybody can verify??
the options i have are just continous shooting when times is up meaning it shoot off 10 shutters...

can verify??cos i planning this sat go shoot sunrise...would like to have a auto interval

please pardon me if i have missed out some parts of the manual

This should probably be available.
Otherwise you can always rig one yourself.
Connect a retriggable/resettable timer to an
external shutter trigger.

_______
Abdullah | www.PictureU.biz | Instant Photography for Events |

Last edited:
When buying the cheapest and most budget-oriented model of any DSLR brand, do not expect to get every feature you could ever want/need. Reading the 1000D review you can also see which features it has, and which it does not.

In your case, you should purchase an intervalometer with an attached remote shutter release cord.

when i 1st bought this DSLR it was meant for me to learn abt photogrpahy, how would i know exactly stuff from A-Z

anyway my question is answered so be it i understand there's no interval okay fair enuff

when i 1st bought this DSLR it was meant for me to learn abt photogrpahy, how would i know exactly stuff from A-Z

anyway my question is answered so be it i understand there's no interval okay fair enuff

I have read many manuals many times. And many times
I cannot find some of the information that I need .
I can bet that no one can memorise the whole manual.
If any claim to be able to then they are only lying to
themselve. So dont worry about it. Your question is valid.

_______
Abdullah | www.PictureU.biz | Instant Photography for Events |

Last edited:
If you happen to have a laptop/netbook (and you don't mind carrying it with you when you shoot), you could use the EOS Utility that's on the disc that came with your camera. Connect your cam to your laptop/netbook, launch the EOS Utility and choose "timer shooting" from the menu (under "Tool").

Of course, buying an intervalometer would save you the trouble of having to carry a laptop/netbook. :)

I am not sure if Canon has an original timer release cable for the 1000D. The TC-80N3 will not work because of plug incompatibilities * but there are folks who hacked this expensive cable to work on them

In any case there are many good 3rd party ones that are available for 1000D so no worries.

Happy shooting
Ryan