Autograph session + dslr

Status
Not open for further replies.

clickerz

I want to go to the S.H.E autograph session, and bringing my dslr. Is it ok? I won't get hailed out just because I have a big camera right?

And what lens do you think would be suitable to bring? A tele-zoom 55-250mm and a normal 18-55mm when I get near them?

By the way I'm rather short, is there a way I can raise my camera up and snap away? Monopod?

(Anybody intending to come down this sat? I dun have friend....)

no problem with dslr @ autograph session, afterall its a public place, they cant set any special rules of what not to be used.

as for lens, when i attended Genie Zhuo's autograph session @ IMM other time, i had my Tamron 17-50mm and Canon 55-250mm, ended up using 55-250mm all the while even thou im like 2metres away from her only, more potrait shots.

as for height problem, there is this so called "ladder gang" where they bring their small ladder around, will increase height by 30cm? lol.. other wise, u might wanna shoot from 2nd floor instead since Eastpoint is a rounded shopping centre and the stage platform should be in the middle.

Im suppose to be going... but due to some personal reasons, might not be going afterall... i wonder..

yo TS...may i know...when, where and what time?...might wanna pop by...
haha..

argh..simei..so far ar....wanna try shooting..since jus bought my camera not long...but perhaps..gonna miss it...
sad...
Happy shooting ar..TS...
cheers!:D

Anyway I heard there's another S.H.E activity abit later at 7pm at Causeway Point. I'm gonna rush there after the autograph session. Hopefully can get a good spot. Right now I need to prepare my equipment coz will be going there as early as 6am. Good luck to me!...:cool:

Anyway I heard there's another S.H.E activity abit later at 7pm at Causeway Point. I'm gonna rush there after the autograph session. Hopefully can get a good spot. Right now I need to prepare my equipment coz will be going there as early as 6am. Good luck to me!...:cool:

wao.. 6am.. i think eastpoint going to be flooded =/

It's perfectly fine to bring a dslr. I used to bring my 1D with 70-200 and 580 to autograph sessions and it's pretty much attention grabbing!

It's perfectly fine to bring a dslr. I used to bring my 1D with 70-200 and 580 to autograph sessions and it's pretty much attention grabbing!

Whoa, 1D...you camera must be buzzing away man!...But the thing is I'm quite short, so if I raise my cam and with flash mounted, it will be difficult to hold ...

Yeah.....and I have no idea how is it gonna contain that amount of fans. At least last time was at IMM, but Eastpoint is really small! Just see how it goes....

Eastpoint is not really that small.. the centre can contain quite alot actually. worst case shoot from 2nd floor. bazooka!

Whoa, 1D...you camera must be buzzing away man!...But the thing is I'm quite short, so if I raise my cam and with flash mounted, it will be difficult to hold ...
You'll have a hard time focusing too! A step ladder would be extremely useful unless you are among the crowd queuing for autographs. Anyway, hope you get some great pictures!

You'll have a hard time focusing too! A step ladder would be extremely useful unless you are among the crowd queuing for autographs. Anyway, hope you get some great pictures!

Ladder? I don't think I can manage bringing that, but I might consider getting it next time....Yep, I really hope to get good pictures, but this is my first experience shooting under this situation. Any advise from "regulars" here?

btw, how tall are you TS?

I'm a small petite lady of about 1.55m tall? That is short right?

Last edited:
I'm a small petite lady of about 1.55m tall? That is short right?

erm.. unless u can be in the 1st row, else u gotta take from 2nd floor seriously.

lol..ask a well built guy to carry u bah...
haha...
so..is the autograph session over whelming?..was listenin to fm933..somehow...the connection wasn't gd..hence...didn't get to hear much...therefore i changed channel..
lol

Last edited:
how's the outcome?

Hmm, it wasn't that good. Apparently waiting in the queue at 6.45am is not early enough, but I have to "complain" that Eastpoint is TOO SMALL!!! I can't through the first barricade. Missed them performing bcoz I was waiting outside....arrgghhhh...I couldn't get nice pics!

Then I went down to Causeway Point for the 7pm event but because I don't have a ladder, I took from the 2nd level. However 2nd level of Causeway Point was very far. I have to crop my pics to get decent portraits. If only 2nd level of Causeway Point is as near as Eastpoint, I could have had better pictures...

Anyway, may I know where to buy the small ladder that is not heavy? I think I seriously need one. Coz even tall guys use it, all the more the short me should use it...:think:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.