Autofocusing issues with D90

ryt321

Apr 6, 2010
East Coast
Hi,

Recently I seem to have problems with the autofocus of the D90. The image taken isn't as sharp as before.

Anybody has issues like this as the D90 ages? I read online that D90 does have some focusing issues and that there isn't any built in adjustments that can be made. Anybody tried sending it back to Nikon for repairs? Or is it a write off case and I would be better off with a new DSLR body?

Many thanks in advance.

Maybe you can post some photos with EXIF intact.

Please post some pictures as examples complete with EXIF data for us to ascertain if it is a user or camera fault. It is typically the former, although we won't jump to conclusions so rapidly.

You can also test the focusing prowess of your D90 by mounting it on a tripod and using as large an aperture as you can, attempt to capture a subject such that you can evaluate the focus point and the depth of field.

Please post some pictures as examples complete with EXIF data for us to ascertain if it is a user or camera fault. It is typically the former, although we won't jump to conclusions so rapidly.

You can also test the focusing prowess of your D90 by mounting it on a tripod and using as large an aperture as you can, attempt to capture a subject such that you can evaluate the focus point and the depth of field.

Did you accidentally adjust your dioptre settings?

lenslust said:

That reminds me when my bro-in-law complained that his new D7000 could not focus properly. It turned out that he turned the diopter accidentally and he didn't realize it ...

That reminds me when my bro-in-law complained that his new D7000 could not focus properly. It turned out that he turned the diopter accidentally and he didn't realize it ...

The eyepiece diopter setting wouldn't affect the sharpness of the final image, only the sharpness of image (incl viewfinder readings) at the eyepiece.

Last edited: