Autofocus problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

indomie

Jan 1, 2009
Hi,

I just bought my D60...and I found out there is no autofocus motor inside the camera.. it is depend on the lense.. Actually i want to but 50mm lense which is don't have the AFS...

What is the solution for this problem? People say I can adjust the lense's focus ring manually... hehe

how do you guys manage to get a good focus using non-AFS lense on camera that dont have autofocus motor?

(*dont ask me to go to google, coz i can't find the solution there...)

CHeers ^^

Learn how to fiocus manually, and practise - a LOT!

I don't know if 3rd party split-image screensw are available for your model, and if there would be problems, but this one you can search and find out. ;)

All the best.

D60 has some electronic rangefinder thing right? If it's in focus, there'll be a dot that appears or something like that...

There's a new 50mm f1.4. Think that's AF-S right? Or is it only AF? Haha! =P

With a D60, you can look at the viewfinder screen. There is a green dot on the left side and it will light up when you have focused accurately.

You can use that as a guage.

Last edited:
This is the result of not doing your research before buying...

simple and cheap solution:
manual focusing with electronic rangefinder, read your camera manual.

not so simple and not so cheap solution:
manual focusing with split-image focusing screens, google "split-image focusing screens for D60"

simple and expensive solution:
get a Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G lens

Manual focus by turning the focus ring on the lens.
And look for the "Focus Indicator" as shown in the picture #1.

viewfinderdiag.jpg

(*dont ask me to go to google, coz i can't find the solution there...)

Is that a standard disclaimer nowadays like "Sorry for inconvenience caused"? This forum has plenty of information available, it just needs you to use the search function for "manual focus" in Nikon section, that's all.
AFD 50mm 1.8 w/ D40
Nikon D40, D40x & D60 Compatible Lenses.
manual focus on d40/x/60
50mm f1.8 on D40 . . . Anyone ?

Hope that helps.

my solution is to go AF-S or HSM.
planning for a 30mm f1.4 HSM for my d40.
save up for the lens or upgrade to a better body like the d80/90, or get a job if you have to...

by right with the electronic rangefinder program in the d60, your MF method should be easier than the d40/40x.

Last edited:
another more expensive solution for once and all the auto focusing problem on your camera.....

sell away the D60 and get a D90

yeah.. thanks for the reply.. i just know there is a green dot when the subject is already in focus.. thanks guys.. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.