Autobracketing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitman

Hi,

I've just got myself the E-300 and am exploring the functions. I do quite a bit of landscape photos and I usually bracket my shots. I noticed that the 2 second timer and the bracketing of shots doesn't work together. On my previous camera, what I usually do is set the camera on a tripod, set it to auto-bracket the shots and then use the 2 second timer to activate the shutter, but I can't seem to do this on the E-300. I can't use the shutter and bracketing functions together, and I do not want to press and hold the shutter until all the 3 shots are taken.

Any suggestions on how I can do this on the E-300 or is it really necessary for me to get the remote? :(

On the e300, once u set the drive to auto bracketing mode, it should automatically bracket the shots, but what it would not do is fire 3 in a row when u press the shutter button once.

Hope this helps :)

hammer_400 said:
On the e300, once u set the drive to auto bracketing mode, it should automatically bracket the shots, but what it would not do is fire 3 in a row when u press the shutter button once.

Hope this helps :)
Thanks hammer, actually I know that. ;) But I would prefer the E-300to fire the 3 shots on its own instead of having me pressing the shutter again. The idea is not to touch the camera at all during the process so that the 3 bracketed shots are exactly the same pixelwise, so if I need to do any post-processing (eg. blending) the shots can be overlaid exactly on top of each other. :cool:

I'll explore more to see if I can find a solution to this, thanks. :D

hehe... maybe you can suggests to Oly... maybe next firmware update they can add in the option.... auto bracket----> single shutter release/ multiple shutter release :)

hammer_400 said:
hehe... maybe you can suggests to Oly... maybe next firmware update they can add in the option.... auto bracket----> single shutter release/ multiple shutter release :)

Good suggestion!!! :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Alternatively, you may try the optional remote or cable release, for your bracketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.